Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:34 PM   #1
koy

I'll buy memory digital card .. SD and XD ...I see thema lot of brand ..so, i wannna know about sandisk , simpletech, kingston, trancend, dane-elec , PQI, PNY
Can u sort its by best to bad?

and XD card , if i bought olympus brand.. Will I can use it with fuji camera? or it's not necessary to pay more .
koy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:37 PM   #2

I have both Olympus and Fuji xD cards...they both are made in Korea, by Samsung. Both brands work fine in my Fuji Camera. I don't believe the Fuji brand cards are programmed to function with the Olympus camera panoramic mode, however.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:49 PM   #3
koy

I don't understand something.

LZ2 use SD/MMC ..it's mean SD or MMC , right? becaz I se some web sell SD, MMC , SD/MMC ,XD.

but many web sell just SD, XD, MMC .. so, I don't sure.. please,tell me..thank you.

koy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:39 AM   #4

SD, MMC, and xD are all different types of flash memory. Your camera (the LZ2) can use both SD and MMC but not xD. SD is the more popular between SD and MMC. I see many more brands being offered for sale of higher capacity SD cards (1GB and up) than I see of MMC. At some point in the futureif you ever want to sell your card the SD probably will be easier to sell since more people are familiar with SD than MMC.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:05 PM   #5

SD cards are fast and thus better choice for cameras and other demanding equipment.
MMC cards are slow and widely used in mobile phones as the writing speed is not crucial.
SD and MMC cards have almost identical dimensions SD card being just tad thicker.
Usually any gadget equipped with SD slot accepts MMC cards but things wont work otherway round.

I would recommend buying a 1Gb SD card from Sandisk or Transcend.
Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:52 AM   #6

SD has a secure lock, that's different from MMC, although SD and MMC has the same slots. MMC is widely used in cell phones but SD is normally popular in photographers, especially the high speed cards.

Recommend you buy Transcend, because Transcend uses SLC chips, not MLC.

Sandisk Ultra or Extreme series are high speed, also price is high.

Transcend released 4GB SD card, I've found it selling at meritline.com, here it is:

http://www.meritline.com/transcend-4...l-sd-card.html
leafalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:21 AM   #7

The A-Data Turbo150X and the Corsair 133X are alsoSLC (Single Leveled Cell) memory. And they both come with a Lifetime warranty versus the five year Transcend warranty.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:35 AM   #8

Hi!

Just acquire a Kodak brand xD 256 made by Toshiba in Japan, for my newer Fuji S9500 camera...much lower price that any Fuji or Olympus branded

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote