Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:13 PM   #1

Hi all. When using a new128meg Sony Memory Stick in my F707, I have noticed that the 5th image file of every new shoot is contaminated in some way. The stickis reformatted in the camera and I always shoot in the highest resolution. When uploaded to the computer, the thumbnail image looks fine but the actual file may be cut (top of image shows but bottom half is gray when opened with IrfanView). These files will not open in Photoshop at all. In one instance the image appeared to be solarized but again, the thumbnail looked fine. Any suggestions as to testing this stick further or cleaning the contacts? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Lee
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:40 PM   #2

Most likely the card needs to be replaced, as something is physically wrong. I had a SD card that worked great until a certain picture number (about 75) and then locked up. No amount of formatting will really help in my experience.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:09 PM   #3

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The most recent batch of files came out fine. I reformatted the memory stick in the camera and ran a full load through it. All images came out without any problems. I'll continue to watch it and see if it happens again. If so, I'll contact the seller and see what they can do for me. Lee
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote