Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 16, 2005, 8:32 PM   #1

my ultra 11 1 gb card is fairly new and today I put it in the camera and all Im getting is full CF or err CF coming up. Can anyone tell me what this is about, my other cards are fine so its not the camera

ps the photos were erased on a card reader
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:53 PM   #2

Have you used a computer to delete photos from the card or format the card? That will sometimes damage them.

You might try them in another camera.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 6:18 AM   #3

thanks for the reply, I worked out the problem, I had the card in the card reader, had downloaded and deleted the photos off the cardbut forgot to take it out of the card reader. I then purchased a bigger hard drive and had to re format the computer. when hubby put the hard drive in He did not take the card out of the reader or unplug it from the computer so it stuffed it up. Anyway to cut a long story short I put the card into the camera and found the format mode and reformatted the card in the camera, simple as that, I should have known. The card is all back to normal now.:-)I am relieved and very happy as i only just got it eight weeks ago and having read some of the problems on here I freaked out a little. I have to calm my brain and think logically more often:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 7:57 AM   #4

Glad to hear it worked out.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote