Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 28, 2005, 2:33 PM   #1

I bought an ADATA SD card with my new Canon SD550, the ADATA card goes in difficult and does not eject as smoothly as the supplied Canon card does...? It also doesn't work (gives me an memory error) so I had to sent it back. I contacted ADATA via email, but no response so far. I'm considering just asking for a refund and go with another brand? Is there variation in physical card size?

Thanks,
patrickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:55 PM   #2

I'll take a shot at this. I just bought a512 to replace lexmark 128( kodak ), that came in the camera. The card is the same size , but thicher. I have to guess this is how they get more menory in the card. the same thing on my CF cards ( thicher )
sandtowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 9:26 AM   #3

I should have a 2Gb Adata 150X in the coming days. I ll look and post abour that.

I am very curious about those A-data cards and especially about their real speed and quality because their price seems good when you are the luck to find some.

I ordered 3 A-Data 1Gb too. But post is very slow to deliver it.
mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:19 PM   #4

I'm using a 2GB A-Data SD card. It is slightly thicker then my NCP 1GB card. But it works well in my Casio z750, nocomplains so far.

The SD card's read/write speed is stated at 22.5 and 18 MB/sec respectively. But I can only get about 12 MB/sec (80x)read speed at max and the write speed is about 10 MB/sec. I'm using a 133x (model SG361A) card reader

http://singim.manufacturer.globalsou...GetProduct.htm

Its either the card reader is slower then the rating, the SD card speed is not as high or my system is slow (still using PIII 1GHz with add on USB2.0 PCI card, not those noboard USB2.0.. he he)

Anyway, at the price, it fast enough for me. Transfer 2GB files at 3 minutes plus... :roll:
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:07 PM   #5

I sent an email to ADATA from their customer service website, about a week ago. So far they have not found time to respond to my question...... Makes me wonder if I realy need their product. Newegg is sending me another card, I think I'll return it un-opened and buy a different brand if I don't hear from ADATA soon.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:41 AM   #6

Had my Adata 2Gb 150Xthis morning. It seems work fine with my Panasonic FZ30.

Size is 24x 32 x 2.3 mm. I should have some 1Gb soon i ll check too.
mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:00 PM   #7

Hi mage813, are you able to post somedata on the read/write transfer speed of your A-data 2GB card and what type of reader you used?Thanks. :?
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:15 AM   #8

Per the packaging the 1 gig ADATA card is 24x32x2.1mm. I did open the package this weekend since this is the exact size the camera documentation says the card should be. I measured the thickness and found the card is actually closer to 2.2mm thick. It fist snugly and does not always eject smoothly, but at least this one works. If the 2GB is 2.3mm thick it would not work in the SD550.