Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:44 AM   #1

Ok, so I have this card, it works great in my cameras. I can snap photos, etc. I can hook up my cameras (Canon SD300, S2) vis USB to the computer and transfer photos just fine. When I use a seperate card reader though (both a belkin and a sandisk) it will not recognize the card. I formated the card in my camera regular and low level, to no avail. When the card is in the card reader, and I go to Drive management in windows, it will show up an unformated, then crash my computer. My 1 gb sandisk UltraII works fine. Any ideas?
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:31 AM   #2

VAtechtigger wrote:
Quote:
Ok, so I have this card, it works great in my cameras. I can snap photos, etc. I can hook up my cameras (Canon SD300, S2) vis USB to the computer and transfer photos just fine. When I use a seperate card reader though (both a belkin and a sandisk) it will not recognize the card. I formated the card in my camera regular and low level, to no avail. When the card is in the card reader, and I go to Drive management in windows, it will show up an unformated, then crash my computer. My 1 gb sandisk UltraII works fine. Any ideas?
Yes your card reader does not work with 2 Gb cards. I have one that refuses to work with 1 Gb xD cards

Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:24 AM   #3

Hi,

I think cards above 1 GB uses FAT32 format. Maybe your computer can only read FAT. What operating system are you using?
juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:50 AM   #4

nah, thats definetely not it. Im on windows XP SP2. I have rad around and alot of readers have trouble reading the 2 gb cards. Pretty stupid is you ask me, especially since one of the readers was the same brand as the card, and pretty new. Anybody have a reader that they use with a 2 gb SD card?
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:04 PM   #5

I've tried with three card readers and all works with my 2GB SD card (brand: A-Data).

This is the newreader (model: SG361A) I just bought:

http://singim.manufacturer.globalsou...GetProduct.htm

The other two arerather old readers I bought a year or two back:

http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/product/SMCR2_b.htm

one more is a brandless 7-in-1COMBO reader with integrated USB Hub, which looks somrthing like this (different brand...)

http://www.geizhals.at/a156999.html
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote