Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:56 PM   #1

Can't find any info. on www.olympusamerica.com, but seeing the press release on Steve's and elsewhere. I need to make decision on card to purchase for daughters camera (SP-350) for Christmas.
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:17 PM   #2

I purchased a 250GB at CompUsa for $39.00 which I though was a great price. It was an Olympus memory XD card too. Sure surprised me but that is what I paid for it....
wmeddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:28 AM   #3

Sorry - I was not clear (buried in the subject line). There is a new type of xD card coming out - not out yet - should be released in the next few weeks. Called that Type D. I was looking for any advance indications of pricing. I called Oly yesterday - they told me there will be a slight premium to pay for the Type D when it comes out. I'm taking that to mean $2 to $10 difference for the 516MB (first one to be released).
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:32 AM   #4

Oops - everywhere in that last post you see "Type D", substitute "Type H". In too much of a hurry.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:45 AM   #5

I have been reading about the new H xd card as well.* I just bought an Olympus c-7000 (hasn't even been delivered yet), and I have decided to wait until the new H card comes out before buying a 512mb.* (The c-7000 comes with just 32mb).* BUT.* Since who knows exactly when that card will come out and what we'll have to pay, I am leaning towards buying a 128mb off ebay or wherever I can get it the cheapest so I can hobble along until the new card comes out.* I don't know how many pics I can get with a 128mb though.* Can anyone refer me to information on that?* Thanks in advance!
irmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:22 PM   #6

irmaly wrote:
Quote:
I have been reading about the new H xd card as well. I just bought an Olympus c-7000 (hasn't even been delivered yet), and I have decided to wait until the new H card comes out before buying a 512mb. (The c-7000 comes with just 32mb). BUT. Since who knows exactly when that card will come out and what we'll have to pay, I am leaning towards buying a 128mb off ebay or wherever I can get it the cheapest so I can hobble along until the new card comes out. I don't know how many pics I can get with a 128mb though. Can anyone refer me to information on that? Thanks in advance!
Great minds think alike - I just last nightordered a 128MB for the SP-350 that I'm giving my daughter for Christmas instead of the 512MB Type M that I had planned on giving her (until I found out about the Type H). At least that way, she can do some shooting (over and above what the 32MB buffer can hold) until I can get her a 512MB Type H when they come out. Also, I like the idea of her having a second card as a backup.

For the no. of pix you can fit on a given card, go here: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_xd.asp

andclick onthe bottom (third) image box link on the right side of the page. Looks like with your 128MB in the C-7000 you should get 25 to 30 shots in SHQ, or 75 or 80 shots in HQ at max. resolution, somewhat more if you drop the resolution. Just don't plan on many TIFF's or RAW's.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:27 PM   #7

Yeah.* That's the ticket.* I just bought two new Olympus 128mb xds off ebay for $8.50 each.* Shipping is $5.99 for the first one and $2.00 for each one over that.* Sounded like a good enough deal for me:* a total of $24.99 for two cards.Now I just wonder what they'll charge for the new H's????
irmaly is offline   Reply With Quote