Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 26, 2005, 5:46 PM   #1

For a Konica-Minolta 7D, is there any advice regarding a Lexar Professional 80X 1 GB CF card vs a SanDisk Extreme III 1 GB CF?

Internet ads state that read/write times for the Lexar are 12 MB/sec, and 20 MB/sec for the SanDisk.

For the Lexar, I don't know if the Write Acceleration applies to this camera (don't think so), andfrankly don't know what difference it would make if it did.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
philhalv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:11 AM   #2

Hi!

As I own a Dynax 5D, tell me please, the "WHY"...did you need so high speed CF card?

OK...I ONLY take JPEG photos Not RAW...and also my Son with his Nikon D-70, he acquired the Lexar 80x and he is very happy, I use his "Gifted" lexar 40x "WA" made in USA, and works lovely with my Dynax 5D body.

Together with my "Kit" I acquired also a Kingston "Elite Pro" CF card 512 mg...lovely, married with my camera.

You already know...that Minolta close the factory & production for ever...NOW...Sony seems that acquired the whole factory, and in the future will be Sony DSLR with Minolta "A" mount...however...repair service..., "FORGET"!!!

Be well!

ALEX 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 10:47 PM   #3

I bought a cheapo Kingston 50x 2gb card from newegg.com for $104 us dollars.

to me, the increased storage size is much more important than the speed.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:58 AM   #4

Hi Terry!

For sure Y 100% agreed with you, 512 mb Kingston Elite Pro (Made in Taiwan!), and my second one a Lexar Pro WA 256 mb (Made in USA), suffices my demands!

99% I send photos trough my e-mail address, so I use "Middle" quality & standard/basic size, as for e-mailing, better quality is a waste of size in my hard disk.

Soon, as I already received, as a gift an a 128 mb "PQI" brand, which was "Unable" to be formated on my lovely Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 5D camera I sent to the factory in Taiwan, for an a exchange...so when I will get it back...this size CF card will be my "Mainly Use" card. I make maximum 1/2 dozen of photos & download them in my "Picasa 2.1" arganizer program...& trough this program I send my photos attached to my mails!

Terry, have a nice weekend, & be always well!

Greetings,

ALEX 007:|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote