Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:59 PM   #1

Can anyone help me? I tried inserting my 1GB xd media card into my hp psc 2410 printer today for the first time. It will let me insert it upside down but I get the orange blinking light and the error card message. It seems I cannot push the media card in correctly according to the printer manual. Am I doing something wrong? I just took my 6 month old son back to my hometown roots for Christmas and I would like to be able to save all those pics to my computer without having to go to Wal-Mart and send them to CD and then transfer them to my computer. Again, any help would be apprecited. Thanks and Happy New Year!!
wellingtonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:42 PM   #2

Why don't you just leave your xD card in your camera, and plug your USB cable from your camera into your computer and upload your pics?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:54 PM   #3

I thought about doing that if I don't get the printer media card thing worked out....i like hp's easy way of doing things.....meaning I don't have to unplug one of my usb plugs to insert a different usb cable.....i only have 2 plugs and they are both being taken up, however now i am having problems with my printer all together....it said I needed a driver update and when updating it got rid of all the drivers so now i have to do a full download. It sounds like your idea is the way to go. I wasn't sure if maybe the xd card was formatted wrong. I didn't want to reformat the card though because of the risk of losing all of those precious pics. Sounds like tomorrow I am going to load up the olympus software that came with the camera and unplug a usb cable every time I want to transfer some pics (usually once a month). Do you find your way faster than going through a printer that has media card slots? Thanks for your input!!!
wellingtonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:52 PM   #4

I've never used a printer for uploading pictures into my computer, so I have nothing to compare, speed wise, to using my USB cable. I have a USB port in the front of my computer, so plugging in is no problem for me. The one problem I'm having is with that orange font you're using - I can't see it on my monitor without first highlighting it...think you could just use basic black?

You really don't need to install your camera's software to upload pics through a USB cable. If you're running XP on your computer, it should recognize the camera as soon as you plug it in, and give you options for how to upload your pics. If you have the time, the Olympus software would probably make things easier for you, though.

You only upload pics once a month? You need to take more pictures! I upload pics almost every day...I can't wait to see what they look like full screen!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote