Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:24 PM   #1

I really want 2 gb so I can take a longer video & more pix. I am looking at Ebay for the price obviously. They have sandisk (a regular & an ultra II~ writes at 9 Mb/s, reads at 10)and a few different Adata, one says it's 150X and writes at 15 and reads at 22.5 Mb/s.

I'm not sure which if either will work in the camera ( Kodak Easyshare V550 ) I have never owned a digicam and not sure which card to get. Thanks!!!!
rainums is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:09 AM   #2

Kingston Ultimate 2GB 120x (HK$1150 ~ US$140). On a tour of Hong Kong Ocean Park, I really filled it up with 2GB of video clips, with the longest clips being about 10 minutes.

Sandisk Ultra II 1GB also works, but about 20% more expensive than Kingston in HK.

For the speed (not size), the slowest I've tried is Toshiba 256MB 50x (blue package) which still worked for video.

Slower Sandisk 256MB "normal" speed of about 3 years ago, does NOT work for video. The v550 complains "memory card too slow" and stops the video at about 20sec.

My advice is, some, very nice shops, would actually allow you to bring your DC and test the SD b4 payment (as long as they have a demo unit of the SD).
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:53 PM   #3

So I ordered a 1gb kingston ultimate. I just didn't have the money for the 2gb. Anyone else use this card for this camera? Any other advice Mr. big potato (or Ms.) ?
rainums is offline   Reply With Quote