Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 6, 2006, 7:38 PM   #21

Reanimator wrote:
Quote:
i see nothing wrong with the auction

it doent mis lead claiming its a genuine sandisk memory card. just looks like a cheap one to me, if anything i wouldnt buy the item because of the cost of postage and insurance

i hate the hyped up post costs.....to post a memory card in the uk it could be shipped in a jiffy bag with a first class stamp and sent recorded for £1 about $1.75

insurance and post $20.........!!!! thats the joke

its just a reseller trying to make a buck
I used to think like that because your mind thinks, "heres the cost of the product at say $20 and they want another $20 for postage when it only costs $2.00 to post therefore I should pay only $22.00, therefore I am being ripped off $18.00" because you think the products cost total is $22.00 and they have wacked on another $18.00 to scam you. This is the wrong way to think, you are not going to buy it for 22.00 in the shops. The real product cost is $40.00 thats what it is really worth as a total and what you would have to pay no matter how they broke it up. They charge higher postage to limit ebay fees, the less they pay the less they have to charge you, so in fact you actually benefit from the higher postage charges, and this is OK by eBay, it is written into their policy and I have communicated to them about it. I am not trying to defend eBay, just put accross a point so you dont feel like you are being ripped off in postage because you are not. Whether they charge $2.00 for product and $38.00 for postage or $38.00 for product and $2.00 for postage, its is still a total of $40.00.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:23 AM   #22

Hey coma,

I'm sorry to hear about your dissapointment but i've been a ebay buyer for a while now and i'm sorry, but I think you gave into blind wishful thinking and speculation.

Before you placed your bid, did you even email the seller to confirm that it was indeed a genuine Sandisk SD card?

In your original post you even described the item as a "Sandisk Ultra II" however, is not even mentioned on the site. The only indication that it may be is the write speed, in which case the moment you deduced that it may be the utra II, you should have looked up some pictures before hand and compared.

Yeah, you're right, he does say sandisk ONCE in the auction, but every other detail in the listing is a red flag!

I do not mean to offend you, but as you said - "if its too good to be true, it probably isn't." I don't even know what made you believe this auction was even remotely good except for the price. (btw, at bestbuy.com these are only 129.99 now. probably less if you abuse their price match policies.)

Anyways, i hope this experience wont deter you for futher shopping on ebay, i find it a great resource for small electronics - just as long as you practice smart buying. If you have ANY questions about the validity of a product, EMAIL THE SELLER. if he does not reply don't chance a bid hoping that the item is legit. Never bid unless you are 100% sure.

again, no offense, just a warning to be careful.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:48 AM   #23

Does anyone help me check serial no. ofSD card Sandisk Ultra II 1GB (BB0509XF). Emailed to Sandisk but no respond.

Thank you!!!
ihavenothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 9:35 AM   #24

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:

In your original post you even described the item as a "Sandisk Ultra II" however, is not even mentioned on the site. The only indication that it may be is the write speed, in which case the moment you deduced that it may be the utra II, you should have looked up some pictures before hand and compared.
I think you missed something...

This is the auction his original post refers to (you can find it in the link to his site where all the pics are located)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Ultra-II...QQcmdZViewItem

The card... the auction... everything says SanDisk Ultra II
SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:11 PM   #25

I thought the auction he was referring to was this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-Secure-Digit...QQcmdZViewItem

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:08 AM   #26

Hey Blown-Z, how do you explain this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7148%26fvi%3D1

Are you *sure* this is memory rated 150x?

He's a fraud. Hopefully other eBay buyers will start catching on.
gipnor is offline   Reply With Quote