Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:32 AM   #31
NHL

The wireless voice is fast becoming a low margin, commodidity business with the average revenue per user (ARPU) slowing to a trickle!

Phones co. s are looking for new growth and they see this as an opportunity to displace other broadband providers @ a lower cost, so instead of paying Comcast you'll be paying Verizon with a smaller bill (along with your other cells), and hopefully with a better perceived service, especially if it's all web based! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:43 PM   #32

I am not surprised that the celular business is going that way. They only way they seem to make money off you is by locking in really long contracts (with fees if you break it.) That is a sign that they make very little each month and need the time.

I can hope that it helps bring in a new wave of competition and drops prices on all the different techs.

Doesn't G3 use the same spectrum as UHF television? Or am I remembering wrong? I know some future Celular tech did, but I never heard if that died on the vine (because of it) or what was going to happen.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2003, 10:52 AM   #33
NHL

Quote:
Doesn't G3 use the same spectrum as UHF television? Or am I remembering wrong? I know some future Cellular tech did, but I never heard if that died on the vine (because of it) or what was going to happen.
I've just found today a non-techie write up for just about everyone:"This spectrum can be any frequency band between 450-3500MHz. Bands currently used for wireless voice systems, such as the PCS (1900MHz) and Cellular (850MHz)..."
http://www.airvananet.com/pdf/Airvan...Whitepaper.pdf

Now how about another emerging standard? :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.zigbee.org/zigbee_new/mee...tions/IEEE.ppt
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote