Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:05 AM   #1

These days Lexar announced their 133X SD cards.
Reading on both steve-digicams.com and dpreview.com, the initial opinions are quite enthusiastic.

I, for one, own an A-Data 150X SD card.

Is the A-Data faster than the Lexar? Why is there no comparison between the two and why is the Lexar compared to the Sandisk? I mean, shouldn't there be direct comparison tests made between the fasterst cards on the market?
Attached Images

zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:33 PM   #2

zygh wrote:
Quote:
Reading on both steve-digicams.com and dpreview.com, the initial opinions are quite enthusiastic.

Is the A-Data faster than the Lexar? Why is there no comparison between the two and why is the Lexar compared to the Sandisk? I mean, shouldn't there be direct comparison tests made between the fasterst cards on the market?

Lexar and Sandisk are the best flash memory makers, and trusted with reliability and truth to their claims of speed. A-Data isn't really well known.

coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:32 PM   #3

zygh wrote:
Quote:

Can you tell me what camera you own, and if you have used any other cards with the camera can you notice a difference?

I was looking at the A-Data card because of its relatively low price, but would like to know about the quality too before I buy one.

Would you recommend it?

Thanks.
wighter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 7:35 AM   #4

wighter, I use a Pana FZ30 and the only other SD card I have used with it beside the A-Data was the supplied Panasonic 32MB card. All though I have not conducted any tests, I have not seen any differences between the two in my normal use of the camera.
So, price wise, I think that the A-Data SD card is a good choice. It might not be any faster than the Lexars and the Sandisks but at least, with my camera, it does its job properly. So I guess I would definetely recommend it.
Old May 6, 2006, 5:24 PM   #5

Finally got rid of the AData 2GB 150X. I used it for a few months with my former digicam the Panny FZ30 and some times happend to loose some pics. That is really really frustrating, expecially when one can not take those pics again.
In the end I bought the Lexar 2GB 133X because of its better name and quality to use with my new Nikon D50.
Old May 6, 2006, 11:33 PM   #6

Hmm... I've been using the A-Data 2GB 150x card for coming 7 months... so far no problem with it. No missing photos.... Also I happen topry open the case and took a look, A-Data uses SUMSANG memory chips...which is suppose to be quite good. At least not those funny orchina brand memory chips. Ha Ha.

As for use on camera, fast or slow SD card does not affect much if the camera's writer speed itself is slow, which is the case for most digi camera.

Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 2:12 PM   #7

With specs and prices like Adata it has to be interesting.

Data and image loss is always very annoying if not 'disasterous'. Reformating the card occasionally means data is written more 'logically'. Thesystem is not trying to find free space to write on.

It might be a good idea to occasionallyputyour cards into an SDreader and checkits integrity using aprogram like FIXIT UTILITIES.

Max

Support CPRM(Content Protection for Recordable Media)
  • Support SD 1.1 [/*]
  • Very high performance at Read Speed more than 22.5MB/s and Write Speed more than 15MB/s [/*]
  • Support Error Correcting Code (ECC) function to detect and correct errors. [/*]
  • Support In System Programming (ISP) function to load the firmware. [/*]
  • Supports power down commands and sleep modes [/*]
  • Non-volatile storage [/*]
  • No battery required [/*]
  • MTBF > 1,000,000 hours [/*]
  • Durability: Minimum 10,000 insertion/removal cycles [/*]
  • Low weight [/*]
  • Noiseless [/*]
  • Low profile [/*]
  • Dimension: 24mm×32mm×2.1 mm [/*]
  • Operation Volts2.7 Volts – 3.6 Volts
[/*]
http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.p...al%20(%20SD%20)
maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:34 PM   #8

It's really really curious why A-Data SD cards are so damn cheap.

You can get a 4GB card for 127 CAN + tax, that is flatout an amazing cost/MB for a Ultra speed level card.
coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:19 PM   #9

you get what you pay for.