Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1

Hi -

I posted this already in the camera Minolta Dimage section - but here is perhaps more appropriate.

I have these three Dimage cameras in the family.
I have been trying to find out what the largest SD card is each one can handle, but can't find the info anywhere.
Wrote to Minolta twice last year - no response either time.
Would anyone know?
I want to use a 1 gig and 2 gig card if possible.

Thanks
Eurolgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:38 PM   #2

my x20 currently uses 1gb, but I've seen bundles with the 2gb card, so I
would say 2gb is the max

jenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:01 PM   #3

That is terrific informatiom - thanks.

Sandisk on their website indicates that the x20 and xg can only take SD cards up to 512K. I bough a 1 Gig SD card for the x50 , I'll try it in the x20 and xg as soon as i get a chance.
I guess that means an x50 should be able to take at least a 2 Gig card as well.

A bit frustrating that it's so difficult to get an answer to what I thought was a simple question. I think I'll email Minolta again - maybe I'll catch someone there who knows the answer.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 3:49 PM   #4

you will be fine with the 1gb - I've been using mine now for nearly a year.

512MB was problerly the highest capacity available when the website was generated.

(I know the 1gb cards are not mentioned in the mannual for my x20)

The only thing you will notice is that when you use the video mode it will say that

the total recording time is something like 47:27 , but after 20 minites or so of continuous recording the camera will stop recording, but will continue for another 20 mins when you press the shutter again.

Cheers

jenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:45 PM   #5

In case anyone has the same question about using a 2 GB card with the Minolta Dimage X50.
I just bought the Sandisk Ultra II 2 GB SD card and it works perfectly in the X50, both in the regular picture mode, it says I can take 3648 pictures in 1600x1200 or 12403 pictures in 640x480 and alsoin the movie mode.
In the movie mode, I can record just over 1.5 hours at 15 fps. I actually tried the movie mode, worked flawlessly for about 10 minutes less than the 1.5 hours, at that time the regular 660 mAh battery gave up, So I'm going to get an 850 mAh battery and I should be all set to go.