Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:23 AM   #1

Default Fujifilm USB xD/Smart Media Reader $35 at Wal-Mart

Picked this up yesterday. Best Buy sells this for $49.99 :shock: ($59.99 on their website, as well as Fuji's website). Went to look for the ever elusive bag for my Fuji 3800, and figured I'd pick up a reader too. Saw it previously at Wal-Mart and figured BB would be close on price. No dice!

I told them how much I saw it for at Wal-Mart, they told me I must have read the price wrong. Oh well. I now remember why I avoid that place like the plague.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:37 AM   #2

I bought a cheapie card reader once.

The only one I'd recommend now is the Dazzle brand which comes with card prep. utilities to recover cards which occasionally get so screwed, no normal format will recover them! And you can't use their software on other readers! Nice DVD burning slideshow software as well, it's worth considering the extra, just for these software utils.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 9:17 AM   #3

Well, this isn't a "cheapie" reader. I think the Wal-Mart price has to be an error on their part, because that's almost half off the list price.

So, if your assuming the quality because of the price, your off the mark.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 9:47 AM   #4

I wasn't drawing attention to the cost so much, as look at the extra hidden functionality bundled software might offer - then make your own mind up!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote