Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:26 PM   #1

Olympus recently released a new "H" XD card...Rumor hasit, that itwrites 2-3x faster

I was considering this card but after speaking to technical support at olympus...I'm not so sure that it is worth it for me...they said if your camera isover one year old there might be only a fraction of a second shot to shot time difference...but more than likely you won't notice any difference at all. Although he didn't seem too sure

This makes me wonder if it's worth it for my c-5000

Has anyone tried this new H Card? any thoughts out there?

gregg

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:42 PM   #2

from dpreviews forum section on the H xd card...

"After using a Type M xD-Picture card in my SP-350 for a month I recently upgraded to the new, "faster" Type H. According to Olympus the write speed should be 2-3 times faster. I don't see any significant speed improvement though."

"I had a chat with Olympus who said that the speed is almost entirely dependent on the camera - it has a maximum transfer rate. I was asking about the H cards for my C 8080 and was told not to bother."

__________________________________________________ ___

very dissapointing...from nothing to barely noticeable in .jpg to about 20% improvement shot to shot time in raw ....very sad since olympus claims in their press release a 2-3 times improvement in write speeds....like me someone else claims they were told not to bother with the H xd card by olympus (he owns a c-8080)

oh well

gregg

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...p;changemode=1

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote