Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 3, 2006, 6:33 PM   #1

Hi guys,

I am not sure that this is the right place but still any help would be appreciated: I have strangely behaving SD card (oldie-smallie but still): Kingston 256 MB blue-orange-white one (somehow 3 MB/s) and time-to-time I get weird pictures with it with my 3+ years and 16000+ pics old Pentax Optio S. I can not blame the card strictly as this cam still behaves OK with other cards and my Casio Z750 has never done such nor my SD-card reader which I use as a memory stick with the same 256MB card. Yes, I am aware that the price is down for even 4GB cards but still- is there any software around to fix such images (sorry, I have tens of them...) - and I post now the worst case: thumbnail OK but .jpg itself damaged (and please pardon my wife who messed up with WB...) :
And here we go:
http://casio.diagnostika.ee/IMGP6278.JPG

Thanks in advance and happy shooting (and PP) for all of You, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 6:35 PM   #2

Oops, seems like edit does not work perfect here (or maybe it is my Firefox cache- only 1MB but still...)- anyway pls remove the ; from the link tail... :-)

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 2:03 AM   #3
E.T

You could try running Windows' Checkdisc/Scandisk if it could find faulty sectors and mark those as bad to file allocation table if that's the case.

Also if that corrupted image occurs always after saving about similar number of images to card that itself would point to card.

Reps wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I am aware that the price is down for even 4GB cards
No it isn't for your case, SD's size limit is 2GB and considering age of your camera 2GB jerry rig to original 1GB limit might not work.

PS. remove ; from inside URL-tag, text between URL-start and end-tags is just text showed as link, real target address is inside first tag.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote