Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 7, 2006, 6:53 AM   #1

I'm getting a Canon SD450 or 600. I'm using it for taking pictures and video. Does it matter what kind of SD card I get, or will they all work equally the same for my purpose? I'd love to just get something cheap from a semi-recognizable brand (like the Kingston 1GB).

Thank you
Yakov.
bluesdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2006, 6:57 AM   #2

Most cards will handle the camera basics (that is, store individual pictures) pretty much the same. High-speed continuous shooting and videos will be more demanding on your card and might require more speed.

The difference between brand name/high-speed vs no-name/unknown speed isn't much these days... spend the little extra and you'll get peace of mind (and a bit of future proofing should your needs change)

SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:57 AM   #3

Kingston are good cards, and they usually ahve 5 year or lifetime warranty. As do the Sandisk cards. Goign for a cheaper brand, you may save 10 bucks, but it might cost you mroe later down the track. I'd spend a little extra and check what warranty you're getting
RightyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 8:40 AM   #4

bluesdance wrote:
Quote:
I'd love to just get something cheap from a semi-recognizable brand (like the Kingston 1GB).

Thank you
Yakov.

Kingston has been in the memory business for quite a long time. They had already estabilshed their name. I used the cheapest Kingston (1 gig) for my Mpeg 4 recorder (Hybrid cam) and Sandisk (512) MB for my Digicam. The memories are not the Ultra or UltraII so they are the slowest to write but I am satisfied with the result. In my Digicam (Dimage Z3) I can shoot 5 frames per second, I've been using it for more than 1 year .

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote