Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the A620 or A610. I was wondering which memory card to buy along with it. I'll probably go for a 1GB.What I can not decide on in the speed of the card.

there are X60 X66 X80 X133. I'm sure there exist cards below and way above this range, but I believe they should not even be considered here and now (am I wrong in this?)

So How do I decide on the speed? because I couldn't find in the camera's specs or reviews any reference to writing speed.

Also, will there be noticeable differences between cards of the same speed but from different manufacturers? can I pick any well known brand, or should I stick to one or two specific ones? (if so, which?)

I hardly ever use burst mode, but I might start using it if the camera and card support it with good speeds so I can guarantee to catch the the family pictures with nobodies eyes cosed or face turned etc.
azaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:42 AM   #2

The quesion is wht's the optimal speed of memory that I shoud get for the Cannon A620 and A610.

Should I get an SDx60? or x80?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:12 PM   #3

I purchased an A-Data 150x 2 GB SD card for my A620. It's works great, excellent write speeds.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:20 AM   #4

I have a Sandisk Ultra II (60x write, 66x read) in my A620 and it is fast enough for any kind of usage - there's no slowdown taking continuous photos, for example. So I think 66x would be fine as long as this indicates write, not just read.

Edit: I would recommend the above card for you - fast and reliable.
pbaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:04 AM   #5

ThanX to those who answered.

I went for a SanDisk-Ultra2-Plus.

It works great with my A620 and transfes fromthe card to the PC are amazingly fast!

The card folds onto itself, to become a mini USB device. I take it out of the camera, fold it, stick it into a normal USB port on my PC, and just drag and drop files from and to the card as if it was a another hard disk. And the speed is awsom. USB2 is super!

Hmmm. I sound like a comercial. But I'm not.