Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:59 AM   #11

Hi Folks!

Just came back from my visit to my motherland Peru, my newe acquired Sandisk Extreme 3, works 100% perfectly. I found a store that sells by E-mail Sandisk Ultra ll 512mb, so I decided to order one instead my earlier acquired Kingston Elite-Pro same size...as i read and you Jim wrote me the Ultra ll is 100% suitable for all KM DSLR cameras...much better that the Kingston one. I will found a buyer for the Kingston...so it's no a big issue.

Only for the sole information to all of you!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:43 AM   #12

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Hello Mag!

Thank you for your heart fully advice, the store here in Israel, where I live, don't have anymore Ultra 2 type, so I ordered the Extreme 3 for $:12.00 more.:ak47:

From a lot of forums concerning my lovely KM Dynax 7D...the extreme 3 suits better...so I feel well that the store can't provide me with the Ultra 2 & Extreme 3 works faster in my camera.

Cheers,

Beacause of the large buffer in the 7D, you won't notice the difference until the buffer is full and the camera starts writing to the card. In continuous mode I can get 9 rapid shots until the buffer is full and I shoot raw. Having said that, the extreme III is the way to go especially for 12 dollars more.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:30 AM   #13

Thanks so much for your cute advice,

It's true...that I never shoot RAW, only JPEG Extra-Fine maximum, but I notice a big improvement when I download to my Picasa 2.2 phot organizer...was much faster that sonther brand CF card Kingston Elit-Pro as example. It's also true that for a mere $:12.00 more...Extreme 3 suits best.

Among us...I'm extremely happy owning now two reliable & very perfectly match for my lovely 7D body...the newer Ultra ll 512mb & when I will travel again the Extreme 3 1gb capacity. With those two 100% suitable + a Lexar "WA 40x (made in USA), 256mb + a Transcend 30x 128mb I'm full covered for my needs.

At home mostly 90% I use the Transcend 128mb...makes me 20 photos at higher camera size...more that I really shoot here at home. OK...download much slower that the others cards;...but...I really don't care..have time for few seconds or minutes more (Depends on the quantity!!!).:idea:

Peace,

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote