Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:09 AM   #1

Hello Folks!

I want your expertise opinion, if for $:12.00 more; instead SanDisk Ultra 2 to Extreme 3 CF One Giga card for been use with my lovely KM Dynax 7D camera.

As I can't understand after reding all the "Charts"...on "Speed writing"...I intend ONLY to shoot JPG Normal/Fine during my visit to my motherland country Peru...two week more!.

Such so small differences among two such SanDisk cards...here $:12.00 is something?:?

Thanks so much for your good will with me,

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Mag

I dont know anything about your camera but if its fast enuff then you should definately notice a differance in the Ultra 2 and extreme 3. And uploading to computer will be faster too. I just purchased a 1GB ridata pro 150x for $27.95 and I tested it on my evolt e500 @ 9.45MB sec write speed, which from what ive read is pretty comparible to the extreme III write speeds. Ive only had it a couple days though, if performance continues without any misshaps I will be buying the 4GB model for $85.00

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 1:40 PM   #3

Hello Mag!

Thank you for your heart fully advice, the store here in Israel, where I live, don't have anymore Ultra 2 type, so I ordered the Extreme 3 for $:12.00 more.:ak47:

From a lot of forums concerning my lovely KM Dynax 7D...the extreme 3 suits better...so I feel well that the store can't provide me with the Ultra 2 & Extreme 3 works faster in my camera.

Cheers,

Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:18 PM   #4

Mag wrote:
Quote:
I will be buying the 4GB model for $85.00

Mag can I ask where your getting the RiData 150x Pro card for $85? I've been looking at that one also.
Razor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:26 PM   #5

Razor06, u might want to take a look at http://www.meritline.com about that RiData 4GB.

Cheers
pxwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:03 PM   #6
Administrator

Of course, there is now an Extreme IV coming out. :-)

http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Pre...e.aspx?ID=3488

In your KM 7D, the Extreme III should be a litttle faster than the Ultra II. But, if you're not shooting where you're filling up the buffer, then you won't really notice it (other than scrolling on playback may be a little faster).

You can find some user reported CompactFlash speeds in the the 7D at Dyxum.com:

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/cfcard/index.asp?cam=7D

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:30 PM   #7

Hi my dear Jim,

You 100% totally right!
I want the Ultra 2, as here in Israel $:12.00 is money

In some other photo stores, the price for a Ultra 2 card same capacity, was among $:8.00-10.00 more...so for a mere $:2.00 real difference...I decided the Extreme 3.

It's truth...that in JPEG the internally buffer will be OK...with a cheaper Kingston/PQI/Transcend brands...but...in all the Forums...the Marriage among 7D/Extreme 3 wins!!!

Extreme 4...really; today is extremely pricey totally unnecessary, for my needs:P

My heart fully best wishes, Jim & thank you for your always cute advices:idea:

Cheers,

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:44 AM   #8

Razor06 and others interested in reasonable 4gb prices:

FWIW, I am extremely pleased with the Ritek Ridata 150x 4gb Silver (Pro) CF cardhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183020. I notice it is now $85 delivered. Been usinga couplefor over a month in my 30D and Sony F828, and it works flawlessly and speedily. About 3000 RAW and/or JPG shots total between the two cameras without a problem!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:04 AM   #9
Administrator

I'm usually reluctant to try a card in a Koniica Minolta model, unless someone else has tried it first.

Some cards that are fast in other models are slow in KM models. For example, the Ritek 52x 1GB Card is one of the slowest cards you can buy for a KM 5D. You'll see it near the bottom of the list (faster cards are at the top).

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/cfcard/index.asp?cam=5D

So, I'll wait until someone else tries a Ridata 150x before I'd consider getting one (just in case a standard speed card is twice as fast in this camera). lol

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 8:50 AM   #10

HI my good Folks!

Today I received my ordered Sandisk Extreme 3 CF 1gb card for be use with my lovely KM Dynax 7D body. I loaded in my camera & formated.

Now the results, select Medium photo size Fine quality...the camera counter inform me that i can make 565 photos. It's more that I really will need during my week visit to my motherland country Peru.

Now the results, it's true that ONLY I shot 5 photos...but; the download time, was LESS that 2 SECONDS trough the camera cord...I was shocked with that SPEED...among us...NEVER happens me before with other card. Really AMAZING!!!

Heart fully & extremely highly recommended:blah:

Cheers,