Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:27 PM   #1

I don't really know much about cameras, but, they one my camera came with is only 16MB and can't hold many pictures. I have no idea what memory stick to buy, can any of you guys help me?

Can I buy any memory stick for my Canon PowerShot A410? Do all memory sticks fit into the camera in the memory stick slot?

I looked online, and found 2 memory cards... Would any of those work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e&n=172282
And
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...eviews.start=1

Why is the 512 cheaper? ... Are any of those good for my camera? If not, which ones can I use?

Thank you.
SP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:41 PM   #2

Either will work fine. Both are good names, so I have no idea why the bigger card is cheaper.

Note however a Memory Stick is a type of memory cardmadeby Sony and a totally different shape to the cards your camera takes.

Your camera takes Secure Digital(SD) or the older MultiMediaCard(MMC)

There are many types of memory card , SD/MMC, MemoryStick,CompactFlash,xD card etc and many various subtypes within them...

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:05 PM   #3

Is it because the Viking 256 MB is a Digital Flash Card.. And the Kingston 512 MB is a Secure Digital Card...

What's the difference, and the Kingston 512 MB has more memory/ picture storage correct? And does amazon sell good memory cards?
SP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:31 AM   #4

SP23 wrote:
Quote:
Is it because the Viking 256 MB is a Digital Flash Card.. And the Kingston 512 MB is a Secure Digital Card...

What's the difference, and the Kingston 512 MB has more memory/ picture storage correct? And does amazon sell good memory cards?

They are both the same type of card SD Secure Digital, both are flash memory, one description just leaves out the flash part.

Both are good makes, Amazon sells goods stuff , they sell bad stuff, Viking and Kingston are both good names, some will like them , some will hate them.

No mention of the cards speed, but for most home point and shoot cameras thats largely irrelevant unless you are taking lots of high quality movies, shooting raw or using fast burst modes.

Just taking normal snapshots then practically any speed will do.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote