Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 26, 2003, 5:17 PM   #1
Gel

Default Smartmedia Card Labels

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement ones from, or if Avery make some printable labels as I have written over my ones and need some more.

Many thanks, and hello to all (It's my first post)

Gel
Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2003, 8:52 AM   #2

Good question, it's similar to trying to get the little boxes and the write protect tabs!

Sorry can't help on the label. But when I was using SM, I used to worry about which cards I used so I added a different 'Volume name' to each card, and also labelling it 1,2,3,etc. If desperate to know what's on a card I'd read in the camera, but sticking to a strict rotation principle, I always know which is the last card in the camera.

EXIF data will tell you the date/time of the last shot on a card if your cam will show it. When you've downloaded the pics to your PC, erase all or reformat the card. You can do similar labelling with AA batteries. E.g 1A, 1B......2A,2B.... etc. also note the date you bought them.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 9:46 AM   #3

If I could still find them, I'd probably buy labels for floppy disks and cut them to size.

(It should be said that I've only ever seen a SM card once or twice, so I could be remembering the size wrong... I think floppy labels are long enough!)
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 1:52 PM   #4

SM labels are much much smaller than floppy disc labels. Best bet is to measure one, then look at Avery's size list and either match to exact size if they do it, or double size and cut them. With their free label pro software, you can scan the graphic and clone your own- even add a number sequence from what I remember!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote