Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:54 PM   #1
lakeida's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 41

Am I dreaming this up or is there an accesory that you can attach to your

camera and put all your pictures on it if you memory card is full. Is that a

card reader? Thanks!
lakeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
Bob Nichol's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 823

No it isn't.

A card reader is a device that plugs into the USB or Firewire port of your computer. You plug your card ino it and the PC thinks it's another disk drive. You can then copy the photos to your hard drive for post-processing, backup, printing or whatever.

There are portable storage devices that you can plug your card into, copy the photos to an internal drive to allow you clear the card and continue shooting. I believe you can do this with a iPod with a suitable adapter. The device can then be connected to your PC through USB or Firewire for access to the photos.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:05 PM.