Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Misc Accessories (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/misc-accessories-63/)
-   -   Sling Bag (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/misc-accessories-63/sling-bag-173647/)

cmoy Jul 6, 2010 9:57 AM

Sling Bag
 
Was looking at the Lowepro's Classified Sling 180 AW. My shoulder bag, Crumbler 7 Million, is taking a toll on my shoulder and back. What do you guys think of a sling bag as a walking around and vacation bag? Anyone know if this bag will fit a 1Ds MK II? This is what I usually carry around...

-1Ds MK II
-28-70 attached w/hood, reversed
-70-200 f/2.8 non IS w/hood reversed
-Sigma 12-24
-15mm Fisheye
-550EX Speedlite

Thought I'd ask here first before trekking to Adorama or B&H with my gear :D Thanks guys!

Chris

shoturtle Jul 6, 2010 12:01 PM

Look at the tamrac aero 70 or 80 and the evolution 8 series. They are nice sling bags. But you do carry allot a equipment with you.

cmoy Jul 6, 2010 12:15 PM

Thanks shoturtle! I know, it's a bit much :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1115297)
Look at the tamrac aero 70 or 80 and the evolution 8 series. They are nice sling bags. But you do carry allot a equipment with you.


mtngal Jul 6, 2010 10:13 PM

I have 2 sling bags and love them - better for carrying weight. Check out the Evolution series or the Kata 3N1 series. They both give you the option of carrying the bag as a sling or as a backpack.

I've carried a Lowepro Slingshot 200 on a number of vacations, wandering around national parks without a complaint. I only gave it up for a 3N1-30 bag when I bought a lens that's 8" long and it won't work with 4 other lenses and a camera in the bag. The Classified says it'll fit a 70-200 f2.8 and it is bigger than the 200 I had, so I guess it would work.

I don't mind not having a hip strap when I had the slingshot full, but now I have more heavy stuff and I'm grateful to have one with the 3N1-30. A couple of miles of walking through sand with a very heavy camera bag and I was grateful for the ability to re-arrange things, using or not using the hip strap to distribute the weight depending on what was tired - my shoulders/back or my legs.

cmoy Jul 7, 2010 7:11 AM

Thanks mtngal! After some thought I think I'll keep using my Crumpler, I love it! :D I'll just carry less gear, leave the 70-200 home. I didn't have any problems when I left the 70-200 at home for our week long trip to Nice. If I need everything I'll use my Mini Trekker. I'll still keep searching for "The" bag :D

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngal (Post 1115463)
I have 2 sling bags and love them - better for carrying weight. Check out the Evolution series or the Kata 3N1 series. They both give you the option of carrying the bag as a sling or as a backpack.

I've carried a Lowepro Slingshot 200 on a number of vacations, wandering around national parks without a complaint. I only gave it up for a 3N1-30 bag when I bought a lens that's 8" long and it won't work with 4 other lenses and a camera in the bag. The Classified says it'll fit a 70-200 f2.8 and it is bigger than the 200 I had, so I guess it would work.

I don't mind not having a hip strap when I had the slingshot full, but now I have more heavy stuff and I'm grateful to have one with the 3N1-30. A couple of miles of walking through sand with a very heavy camera bag and I was grateful for the ability to re-arrange things, using or not using the hip strap to distribute the weight depending on what was tired - my shoulders/back or my legs.


frank-in-toronto Jul 7, 2010 7:31 AM

Options...Options
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmoy (Post 1115530)
Thanks mtngal! After some thought I think I'll keep using my Crumpler, I love it! :D I'll just carry less gear, leave the 70-200 home. I didn't have any problems when I left the 70-200 at home for our week long trip to Nice. If I need everything I'll use my Mini Trekker. I'll still keep searching for "The" bag :D

Chris

we have a lot of choices available to us now. I have a sling, a backpack and a suitcase style. I can see buying a larger sling one day. Presently, I carry food/drink separately. Since I'm usually on my bike, that works. For hikes, it wouldn't be so good.

cmoy Jul 7, 2010 7:32 AM

One day I'll add a sling to my bag collection :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto (Post 1115540)
we have a lot of choices available to us now. I have a sling, a backpack and a suitcase style. I can see buying a larger sling one day. Presently, I carry food/drink separately. Since I'm usually on my bike, that works. For hikes, it wouldn't be so good.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:18 PM.