Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:25 PM   #11

I've got the Lowepro Slingshot AW200 and love it. You can keep it towards the front and rest your left arm on it so that no one can get in it without moving your arm. It doesn't look like a camera bag. You can get in it without having to open up the whole bag.

I'm traveling alone most of the time and as a woman I don't want anyone to know just how much money I have tied up in my bag.
Sneezy1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:33 AM   #12

I just got the Lowepro Slingshot 100 for Christmas. I love it. If I get anything else (I have the K100D body and kit lens, 50-200 lens, flash and all peripherals (extra batteries, lens cleaners, etc) I may need the 200.

The only thing I'm noticing I wish it had, is a strap on the side, as I'm constantly trying to lift it from my car seat having it open like I was wearing it across my body. Like pulling the bag into my lap to put the camera back in. Not sure I'm describing this so anyone will make sense of it.

But, it's very comfortable and easily accessed.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:51 AM   #13

Hi there. Just got my Sony A100, using my Minolta lenses (thank you Sony!) and am having the case issue. I want to have my camera with me all the time so I need a bag that is easy to deal with.

I am a woman and would love to carry only one bag. Here is what has to go in it:

Wallet
Cell Phone
Day Planner
Sony A100
lens on body
extra telephoto (70 to 210)
Fuji E900 (possibly)
Extra battery
Easy to get to pocket so you can get to the money for the Dunkin donuts drive through
Easy to get to cell phone pocket - you never know when somebody is trying to give you a million dollars!

Now to add fuel to the fire, I really hate the sound of velcro.

Is the Slingshot the way to go? It has the look of the "Healthy Back" bags. Does it have room for extra "stuff"

Are their other women out there with this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks for the help.

maynard_beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:04 PM   #14

Hi maynard_beagles,

If you want to put all that in the Slingshot, you'd better get the AW200. I have the 100 and by the time I added my cell phone, small wallet and keys the other day it was packed. See my other message about what I already had in it.

I do bring mine with me every day. But, I bring my purse, too.

Hope this helps. Oh, and the only velcro is with the separators inside. Everything else zips or clicks. I usually just carry it over one shoulder, unless I'm carrying it a long distance or going to be using my camera as I walk.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:47 AM   #15

I got the Slingsshot 200 from SellnSend - good price. Used it this weekend for a trip to Cape Cod. Great case!!!

The worst part was figuring out how to put it over my shoulder - finally got the fact that it goes over my head - just a little slow!

Carried with ease :

Sony A100 with 30-70 Zoom attached
70 - 210 Zoom
Teleconverter
Fuji E900
Wallet
Keys
Cell phone

Loved the fact I could just slide it around and get the camera. Made walking a breeze also. Slight problem when I wanted to switch lenses - you do have to open the entire case to get out the telephoto but I survived. I am going to try to rearrange the padding so I can get it easier but overall this is a winner!
maynard_beagles is offline   Reply With Quote