Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:07 PM   #1

I would like to buy a small device to store photos on trips. I was looking at the Creative-Labs Vision Multimedia Center and also at various ipods. Has anyone had any experience with storing photos on these? Would I be better off buying something else? How do I get my photos from the camera into these devices?

Any help would be appreciated.
noullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:31 PM   #2

We're both talking about this one right?
http://www.creative.com/products/pmp/

One of my friends has one. It's awesome, the screen is absolutely amazing!
It has a CF card slot, so you can use a cf card adapter as mentioned on the creative site. I don't know how the process of moving files from memory cards to the harddrive is though.
-walle- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:46 PM   #3

Yes, that's the one I was looking at. Glad to hear your friend likes it. I really like the large screen on it. Will probably buy this soon as it sounds like it will work for me. I also don't quite understand the process of moving files from memory cards to the hard drive. With any luck the thing will come with some good directions Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:07 PM   #4

The one that I used is the 30GB version called Creative Zen W, and it has 3.8" LCD, and of course - the CF slot to download/copy pictures from the CF to the unit, then I can copy/download it to my PC later. I researched and have shopped for couple months before decided on this one, which I can listern to music, wacth movies/video, slide show of pictures, take note, record my contact and schedule, hearn FM radio. What else can you ask for $279.00 at B&H Photo?

QV
Quanvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:43 AM   #5

OK I got the Creative Zen W and it was very cool as a mp3, video player and as a storage unit for photos on my computer. When the CF adapter arrived I gave it a try at transfering mypicturesfrommy SD card. I couldn't get it to work. I called tech support for Creative and spent 40 minutes on the phone with them. Still couldn't get the adapter to work. So, I've returned the Creative Zen W and the adapter and will probably just buy more SD memory cards instead. The Zen W has a very nice large screen and I was sorry that I just couldn't get it to transfer photos from my SD cards as that was my primary reason for buying it. So, anyway, that's my experience with that item. Maybe others will have a better experience with this.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 7:32 PM   #6

Yep. Does just what you want it to do. Awsome, once I figured out how to use it, lol.
tjcnok is offline   Reply With Quote