Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:50 AM   #1

:d:d:d

Last edited by ron519098; Sep 10, 2010 at 5:59 AM.
ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:41 AM   #2

if u go to a local pc fair u can pick up a case for a laptop hard drive that will do what u want for about £30 plus a hard drive, they have either a lithium battery of a powerpack that runs of a few "AA" batteries, u actualy pop your card into it and it transfers pics automaticly to the internal hard drive

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:51 PM   #3

If you have an iPOD video, there is a connector called iPod camera connector, and you can connect your camera directly to the iPod and transfer all the files.

As a plus, you can see the tranfered pictures on the iPod screen
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:59 AM   #4

dddd

Last edited by ron519098; Sep 10, 2010 at 5:59 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:55 AM   #5

Yes, it is slow. If you want download your pictures at the end of the day, during a trip, iti is OK. If you want to empty your card in the middle of a wedding, forget it.

Warning: It takes a lot of power in your iPOD. Be sure it is fully charged and carry the iPOD charger with you .
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6

dddd

Last edited by ron519098; Sep 10, 2010 at 6:00 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:00 AM   #7

I have had issues with using my 60GB video ipod for the transfer of photos to it. Seems when I off load a large card like 2GB it starts to write the first say 500MB and then locks up. I ended up with the Wolverine 7060. The battery life is good, its rugged and it seem quick although you have to erase your cards in the camera which is where you loose time. I used th wokverine device on a 1 week trip to Baltimore this past summer when I didn't ant to travel with my laptop.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:19 AM   #8

There are quite a lot of such devices on the market. They are called PSD- Personal Storage Device. Depending from the price they differ in funcionality, data transfer speed from the memory card to the device's internal 2'5" HDD, LCD resolution for models with jpg playback. The functions from basic to extended are:

1. Data copy from DC memory cards (most devices support all popular cards) to the internal HDD without the use of PC. All PSD's have mostly rechargable Li-Ion batteries. The HDD may be installed or has to be purchased seperately. All PSD's work as external USB HDD as well.

2. Data transfer in both directions from and to memory cards, Folder and file browser.

3. LCD serves as an picture viewer- you can browse your images and copy, delete and e.t.c.

4. The most enhanced PSD's have built in mp3 players, FM tuners, video playback at the same time retaining their basic tasks.

The brands are: Epson, Hyperdrive, Nexto DI, Vosonic, Archos, Verbatim, Digital Foci, Midte, DooIn...

Look at the Hyperdrive Colour Space in attachment

Attached Images

Marinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:51 AM   #9

ron519098 wrote:
Quote:
...devices to transfer image files off my camera SD cards onto a USB flash drive without the use of a computer.
I can't quite understand why you want to do this. Once they're on the USB flash drive, don't you need a computer to read them? Or do you mean an external USB hard drive? if the latter, I believe devices exist, but they're an awful lot more expensive than another few cards. Isn't the solution to buy another few cards, now that huge ones are so cheap?

I have acquired 6 of the devices illustrated below, for 1.0 ukpounds each from my nearby 'Poundland' shop, as 'stocking filler' Xmas presents. This is a one pound SD card reader, looking just like a USB stick, but with infinite capacity according to the size of the many cards you can put in it.

I bought one to ensure that it worked in one of mycomputer's USB sockets, and then went straight back and bought 5 more.It enables you to work on anybody's computer with a USB socket, anywhere in the world, and take your work away with you when you've finished.

Good luck!
Alan T
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 4:39 AM   #10

Have you considered a USB Bridge? Like this one: http://www.jr.com/belkin/pe/BKN_F5U203/
You could use it with a USB card reader and a USB flash drive.
iamginaw is offline   Reply With Quote