Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

View Poll Results: Velocity 5 or 7: Which one should I get?
Velocity 5 0 0%
Velocity 7 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 23, 2003, 8:00 AM   #1

Default Velocity 5 or 7: Which one should I get?

I am looking at getting one of Tamrac's Velocity cases for my camera as I do more photo outings. My question is, would you get the Velocity 5 or the 7 (and why?) I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ1, which of course won't take up much room in either case.

Thank you
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:05 AM   #2

I have no experiece with the Tamrac bags, but I wanted to suggest that you check out what LowePro has to offer. They make nice stuff.

I took a quick look at those two bags. Rather unique shape. I'm not sure you'll find something like that from LowePro, but they do make both large and small bags, so its worth checking.

You should consider what else you are going to carry. If you realy need the room or not. My bag (a LowePro Photo Trekker Classic) is nice, but its also big. When I want to carry everything, its great. When I want to carry a few things, I'm kinda in a bind.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
I have no experiece with the Tamrac bags, but I wanted to suggest that you check out what LowePro has to offer. They make nice stuff.

I took a quick look at those two bags. Rather unique shape. I'm not sure you'll find something like that from LowePro, but they do make both large and small bags, so its worth checking.
I like that the Tamrac is a waist/back/sling-pack. I don't want a shoulder type bag. I also like that it is a top loader. I looked at LowePro, but they didn't have anything that wasn't very bulky (unless I missed something).

I am open to suggestions. If you have a model number of a LowePro please let me know.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 2:43 PM   #4

It also can be a waist pack? I guess I missed that in their description. It is clear that you can wear it in front or back, but I didn't see a waist belt.

Since this bag has only one strap, its basically a shoulder bag. But the different (from what I can see) is that instead of hanging loose it holds tighter to your body (and this is achieved by how/where the strap connects to the bag.) And then you can put it on your back or front instead of directly on the side. Is that an accurate description?

As for a lowepro bag, let me take a look. I would bet they don't have something like this, but let me see. The photo runner doesn't look right:

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/...g/phrunner.htm

Lowepro makes several bags which open towards the carrier, including the orion, the orion mini, sideline shooter, and all the toploaders (I own one. Nice, but I don't think its what you want.)

So if you have your heart set on a single strap, body hugging style bag the Tamrac might be your only choice. I've listed some LowePro bags which have similarities. They also make some very good full backpacks.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote