Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:41 PM   #1

I will be away for 10 days in the jungle of Papua and it will be impossible to reload the battery of my computer so I leave it at home. Instead I'm searching for a 'backup-device' and a solar system to load the batteries of my camera and 'backup-device'. What can you recommend me to use and buy?
thanks in advance
Leen
Leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2

Are you saying that you won't have any acess to power while your in the jungle, not even at night?

Also what camera and memory card type do you use and/or are planningn to use on the trip.

I can remomend a device to off load your memory cards to as a backup device but it will need recharged some how. Many of these device can off load anywhere from 6 to 10GB of data before they HAVE to be charged.

What you may want to do is carry 3 or 4 battery packs with you so you have enough power to make ith through the trip and enough memory cards (maybe 2x 16GB cards) that way power and storage space is not an issue. I know with my Sony A200 I can easily get over 1,000 shots per battery charge. Also Maybe carry 2x 16GB cards........

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:59 AM   #3

Thanks dave,
This is possible the best solution: more battery's and cards.
We won't have acces to power in the remote area that we are going to visit.
I will use my new Canon 5d Mark II and will test the battery first and see how many shots per battery charge I will have.

Leen
Leen is offline   Reply With Quote