Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:31 AM   #11

I found a pretty good deal on a LowePro Adventura 140 for $25 at BestBuy. I see that you're looking to carry the body + Lens, additional lens and flash. The Adventura 140 lets me pack my T1i with 18-55mm kit lens and 55-250mm attached to the body. No extra room for a flash though. I'm sure the LowePro Adventura 170 for $35 should be able to hold a body with standard lens, plus 2 lenses or Flash + additional lens. Fairly compact price and easy on the wallet.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...70,2161,20.htm
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:08 AM   #12

Lowepro NOVA AW2 or AW3 depending on how much you want to carry.

I have the AW3 and can get a Sony Body with lens attached, another lens, wolverine flashpack7000, extra batteries, extra memory cards, extra filter, lens cleaning cloth and fluid in it with out any issues at all. Also when needed I can also get my waterproof P&S camera in their with its spare batteries.

The AW3 is deep enough to keep my Tamron 28-300 attached to the Sony Body but not deep enough to keep the Sigma 50-150 attached the body although it does fit in the bag when put in one of the slots by itself.

I also like the Lowepro OVA bags because they are well padded and i leave mine int he truck of the car a lot and carry it on firetrucks at times. Very well built and padded.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:30 AM   #13

As you get more lenses you tend to get more bags also.

I have two fitted case for the body and lens, one for long lenses, one for shoter primes and short zooms, these are for when I want to only use one lens. I use a tarmac velocity 6X as my 2 lens bag.

And I use a canon backpack when I need to bring everything. Thinking about getting a 3 lens bag.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:51 AM   #14

Have a look at the Kata bags.....3n1-20 is the one I just got. for the dollar its a better bag then the Lowepro 100 I was comparing with both are sling bags but the Kata is much more adaptable...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:58 AM   #15

Littlejohn,

I did look at the 3n1-20, it is a too large of a bag, it is the size of my canon backpack but does not carry as many lenses. Just looking for a bag that fits 1 lens on the camera, and will fix my new macro lens and regular zoom. Cleaning kit, and battery. The kata has allot of extra room with this arrangement.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 3:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Littlejohn,

I did look at the 3n1-20, it is a too large of a bag, it is the size of my canon backpack but does not carry as many lenses. Just looking for a bag that fits 1 lens on the camera, and will fix my new macro lens and regular zoom. Cleaning kit, and battery. The kata has allot of extra room with this arrangement.
LOL...I thought that too. Then I started packing it for the trip. I've got charger, camera, 2 lens, bag of silica packs, gps, small binoculars, camera manual, ...and its pretty full
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:11 AM   #17

I got a travel bag, I am looking for a smaller bag
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:06 AM   #18

I came across a small Case logic SLRC2 case for $22 and I bought it. It is selling at amazon.com for $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLR...740471&sr=8-25

The size is perfect for my purpose to hold all of my Canon equipments: my XSi body with 3 lenses (18-55mm, 50-250mm and 50mm f 1.8), a 430EX II flash with a Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce diffuser, a spare set of 4 NiMh batteries, battery grip(on camera), 2 spare LP-E5 batteries and 4 filters.

I also have a $40 Canon backpack.

Last edited by WCKSer; Jan 29, 2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: grammer
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote