Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:25 PM   #11

That has my 3N1-30 beat by a long shot. I don't think I'd be able to pick that one up if I got it fully loaded - the 3N1-30 can be packed too heavily for me to carry safely (I'm tiny).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:17 PM   #12
Super Moderator

It is crazy heavy, going to a wedding it has the 5DmkII, 5D (both are gripped), 1DmkIII, Canon 24-105mm f4 L IS, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L IS, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, Sigma 24-70, Canon 580exII flash, 580ex flash, 430ex flash, then all the other stuff, 6x spare sets of flash batteries, cleaning, memory etc etc etc..... I really should work out the weight as I think I might shock myself.

Oh, so that I'm not totally stealing this thread (hope it isn't taken that way) this bag of FPs looks like a really cool solution when you don't want to carry much but protect a decent lens.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:36 PM   #13

I agree - that's the first holster style (more or less) bag that I've seen that'll take a big lens. I'll have to keep that in mind - there's times I want to just take a long lens and have to resort to the -30 because my long lenses won't fit in any of my holsters (I have two). Great find!

I've been reading some photography books recently, one has a picture (of course a really cool picture) and then a story about the picture along with what equipment the photographer used to take it. He's always using strobes, softboxes and other external lights and stands. I think about his comment that it folds down into a small duffle and then imagine me hiking or walking around town with all that extra equipment. Forget it. You list of 5 good-sized lenses isn't as intimidating as all the rest of it - the 3 large heavy cameras, all those flash units etc. is well beyond my carrying capability!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote