Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:28 AM   #1

Default New camera bag

Well, now I need a new bag. It should hold- my T1i with a lens mounted on it, 2 more lenses (a 70-300 and a 50mm), a flash, a spare battery...the usual.

I've been looking around on the net but haven't got the chance to go to a store yet. Any particular bag i should look at?
Ishay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:55 AM   #2

Default Maybe 2 Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishay View Post
Well, now I need a new bag. It should hold- my T1i with a lens mounted on it, 2 more lenses (a 70-300 and a 50mm), a flash, a spare battery...the usual....
You should go to a store with a lot of variety. There are traditional camera bags over one shoulder. Now sling-bags are getting popular.

If you go sling, get one with a waist band. It'll hold the bag more securely on your lower back. I didn't and now I'll need to jury-rig one.

I suggest thinking about 2 bags cause one can hold EVERYTHING and can be left in the car or at home usually. The other can hold equipment you intend to use NOW. When you're carrying water and maybe a snack too, a heavy camera bag is less pleasurable.

There's another thread open at this time discussing various options. Take a look at it too.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:45 PM   #3

shoulder, sling or backpack?

Go with crumpler, tamrac, lowepro, kata, and m-rock, they make very high quality bags.

Should bag, I like the crumpler 6 million dollar home will be big enough to carry what you list
Sling bag, the kata is very nice
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:04 PM   #4

I like the Crumpler 6MDH although I just had to switch to a 7 MDH to accompdate a new 300F4 lens. The 6MDH will give you tons of room, if you need instructions on how to really pack it in, ask Shoturtle, he seems to have mastered this.
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:17 AM   #5

Problem is, i can't find one in my country. Seems like the 6MDH doesn't exist here. Any alternatives?
Ishay is offline   Reply With Quote