Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:16 AM   #11

Hi. I would be curious to know which bag you end up getting and if you're happy with it. I'm also looking for a bag that will "hold it all". I have a Canon T1i camera with 18-55 mm lens, a Canon 85mm prime lens, and most recently a Sigma 70-200mm telephoto lens (which is huge). Also have some assorted filters, a lens cleaning kit, an extra battery and a remote shutter switch. Trying to fit everything in one easy-to-carry bag.
jwcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcosta View Post
Hi. I would be curious to know which bag you end up getting ...
It may be a while since I think I'm going to get the Crumpler 5 MDB and those things run at like $80, so I'll probably wait till bday+cmas.

However, I'm going to be checking out Walmart etc to see what they have, both in camera bags and cooler bags. I'll tell you if I find anything though!
I'll also be checking out thrift stores to see if they have anything for the meantime.

Otherwise, those Dolica bags look like they have excellent prices.
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:55 AM   #13

the Dolica's seem to have received good reviews too. I'm looking at the Dolica WB-3592.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 9:20 AM   #14

Yup, if I end up having to go the cheaper route that's probably what I'm going for.

Although it looks huge, one review said:

"This a great little bag for the price. But, it's not as spacious as I was led to believe by previous reviews. I have a D90 with a 18-105mm and a 70-300mm, with hoods for each. This bag will fit all of those, but not comfortably. No room to grow for me, I will have to upgrade very soon. So, if you have a larger lens I would suggest you spend a bit more and get a larger bag."

But most others said it is HUGE and has plenty of room for a body and 2 or 3 lenses.

Unfortunately though, it seems to be pretty bulky, which is why I REALLY like the messenger style of the 5MDB. or the 6mdb if the other is too small.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 9:28 AM   #15

What's the difference in size between all of the Crumpler bags? Is there much difference in room between the Crumpler 6MDB and the 7MDB?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:11 PM   #16

I believe the 7MDB is significatly bulkier than the rest (although I'm guessing the 6MDB is pretty big too).
Although the pictures of the bag look the same, if you go onto amazon to see the interior view you can see the 7 MDB can fit a LOT.
So I guess with the 5MDB I could fit my Sony w/ kit lens, Tamron tele, and a flash/prime lens. We'll see though.
So I'm going to go to the store to see which would be the best cross between portability and storage.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:30 PM   #17

Yea, I read the 5 mil is pretty small. So just go to the store and see for yourself.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:29 PM   #18

This one is pretty nice too:
Lots of room, well built. Not a lot cheaper than the Crumpler though.
The Lowepro really isn't too bad though. I may just get that and beef up the padding a bit.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:15 PM   #19

I just got the Lowepro Slingback 300 AW. I found it on Craigslist. Guy sold it to me for $65....mint condition. Good deal. I can store the camera with the 70-200mm lens attached to it, and lots of other stuff. The only down side is that there is no loop or place on the outside of the bag to attach a tripod. Their 302 AW model has that, but the 300 AW does not.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:26 PM   #20

Congratulations! Sounds like a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcosta View Post
... The only down side is that there is no loop...
Maybe some duct tape can fix that.