Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:18 PM   #1

Default Camera belt clip

I have seen a camera holder that is attached to the tripod mount on the camera which then snaps into a clip on a belt. I have been looking for something like this for quit some time. It is called "Cool Hard Plastic Camera Belt Buckle Button". It looks very flimsy, and I don't think I would trust it with a large dslr and lens. I would like to find one just like it in metal. Has anyone seen these in metal? I have seen some of the larger devices such as this, but they seem to be over-kill for what I need.

stevem1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:49 AM   #2

There are several out there, but the following are, IMHO, quite nice. And, NO I have absolutely no connection with these companies, other than I have tried these items, but personally prefer the CottonCarrier since my belly is quite a bit larger than my waste and I loose my pants with anything attached to the belt!

http://www.spiderholster.com/ is very nice, large-ish, and expensive

http://gadget.brando.com/camera-wais...0c057d001.html inexpensive, and very nice. Takes 10-12 days to arrive. Good and strong, but it feels light-duty. Would work well with a consumer DSLR, but not my heavy professional gear IMHO (and my pants would fall down!)

But I prefer the Cotton Carrier system ... they do have a side holster I've linked to: https://buy.cottoncarrier.com/product-p/500cch.htm, but the chest carrier is very nice.

There are other nice carrier systems, but you asked for a belt type item.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:53 PM   #3

Thanks. I really like the Spider. It looks a little more rugged than what I need. I will read more about the Cotton. The other one you listed was the same one I have been looking it. I have seen it as cheap as $6.41 including shipping. It might hold up for a p&s. I would like to see some reviews on it. I want a holder for a D50 & D7000 with 2.8 zoom lenses.
stevem1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:39 AM   #4

Just last month I was talking to a photographer that was riding in a Mtn Bike race. He was taking pictures of the competitors. he had the cotton carrier. I asked about it cause when I ride my bike with the camera around my neck, it's forever hitting the handlebars. I don't like that. Looks as if the cotton carrier is cheap enough and is obviously sturdy enough to jump logs and rocks.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote