dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:29 PM   #2

any thing is welcom
Dave
T&T
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:08 AM   #3

I do not use their SOS, but I do use their other straps (Pro and Classic) with my cameras ... and with the exception of heavier duty construction and finish, I believe they are fundamentally the same (at least they appeared very similar when I examined one). Their controlled stretch is marvelous and they are extremely comfortable straps that I recommend to my students with heavier cameras.

The only negative I have with the Pro model camera straps (and it is a small negative) is, due to their width and stretch and non-breathing neoprene, the ProStrap fits against my neck too comfortably and in hot weather gets drenched with perspiration.

The reason I don't use their SOS? I prefer to use backpacks and only rarely use a more traditional camera bag.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:43 PM   #4

Thanks a lot for your input, it gave me a lot to think about, as i do own a op/tech pro loop strap, i hardly use it, as i prefer to hand hold my camera and when not using, into the bag it goes.
shoulder bags are great for convenience but a pain in the shoulder.
BTW what type of backpacks do you use

Dave
T&T
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:37 PM   #5

I have tried several backpacks over the years, but strange as it may sound, the two most used and cost effective backpack bags I currently beat to death, overload, sling around, and which are of a convenient size are Canon's own 200EG and Amazon's virtual equivalent but all black newer "AmazonBasics Backpack". Both are available under $40, and while there is no brand-name snob appeal, they do the job quite well.

I believe in using carry/protective equipment that gets the job done, and have no interest in "bigger and better" just for the sake of bragging rights. Yes, I also use a couple Lowepro Toploader bags, such as the long-lensed Toploader 75AW system, for ready-to-shoot but safe auto transport and occasional field use with the chest straps, as well as a couple of Pellican cases for rougher situations, but they fill the need when the backpacks don't.

And, yes, I'll hint at my age by saying I even use (occasionally) my 30 year old over-the-shoulder padded Orvis bag ... hey, it still gets the job done! I must admit, though, I have not used my 50 year old hard-leather camera bag that still stores my Rolleiflex 2.8 TLR system for seven years now ... all purchased new in the early 60s, well used, and still working (but not earning any more).

The Canon 200EG and the ancient padded canvas Orvis bag have gone through hades and back, with narry a loss or damage of equipment, BTW. But I now, more often than not, put everything on a fairly rugged "backpack/folding-chair/rolling-cart" to tote things around the various venues I shoot, popping out the seat on one side in an instant when I need to sit while having my gear fully accessable on the other side while I sit.

Last edited by hgernhardtjr; Nov 23, 2010 at 2:54 PM.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote