Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Misc Accessories (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/misc-accessories-63/)
-   -   Bags - Crumpler 6 million: Thoughts? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/misc-accessories/184006-bags-crumpler-6-million-thoughts.html)

rothwellsmith Feb 9, 2011 3:37 PM

Bags - Crumpler 6 million: Thoughts?

So i've been looking for a camera bag that doesn't scream camera guy / tourist.. something cool and hip (yes everyone has their own preferences :))..but aesthetically I love what Crumpler has done.

has anyone bought / used / tried any of the bags from Crumpler?
www.crumpler.com/CA/Camera-Bags/Camera-Bags/6-Million-Dollar-Home.html?LanguageCode=EN&SKU=MDH000-B00P60

Or any other recommendations

Thanks

shoturtle Feb 9, 2011 3:43 PM

I have one, and it is my walk around bag for my 60D or t1i. It can carry a decent amount of equipment.

shoturtle Feb 9, 2011 4:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some photos of what I can fit into the 6mdh as my usual load for a photography day.

60D with the 28-135 mount with hood,
50 1.4 with hood
28 1.8 with hood
70-300 with hood
metz 48 or 58 flash
gorillapod slr zoom with ball head.

battery, memory card, 58mm filter pouch, 2 72mm filter pouch, remote shutter and cable release and a much of other little things.

Hards80 Feb 9, 2011 5:25 PM

i also have a crumpler million series and love it. well made, discreet, stylish

rothwellsmith Feb 10, 2011 11:34 AM

You Guys Rock! I love this forum

Shoturtle - thanks for taking the pics - totally wicked. I am debating between the 5Mill and 6mill and I think the 6Mill gives that added bit of room for just a little more $$.

Thanks Again - Sold! :)

shoturtle Feb 10, 2011 11:52 AM

I have a 5mhd, I use that for my epl-1. It will hold my t1i with kit lens, and the long zoom and one prime. It is allot smaller then the 6mdh.

But for a compact system like the epl-1 I will fit the camera with kit lens, 45-200mm, 20 1.7, 35mm macro and the smaller gorillapod slr. plus batteries, filters, and the usual small stuff.

ewheeler20 Feb 10, 2011 5:07 PM

I thought i'd add another bag to your decision making process. Very similar in intent as the crumpler, The Tenba messenger is GREAT.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_V...tenba_gen3.jpg

I have the large tenba messenger bagI love it. It doesnt look like a normal camera bag which is great for me seeing as how i dont want others to know i have so much equipment on me.

The strap is super comfortable and padded. I have put my 15" macbook pro + my camera equipment in there once before on a short trip, and it is a tight fit... but it does fit.

Here is what i keep in there 100% of the time:
Pentax K-r
Sigma 70-200 2.8 + hood
Sigma 18-250 + hood
Pentax 50mm 1.4 + hood
Sigma 105 2.8 macro.
Battery charger + cable
3 filters
cleaning supplies

What i have put in there + the stuff listed above:
15" mbp.
sigma 30mm 1.4
pentax 55-300

With the photo equipment insert removed, there is a boat load of room in there and will make a great multi-purpose bag for school and stuff like that.

I never owned a messenger style bag before the tenba, but i really like it.

My favorite part about the tenba is the top "quick-access" zipper. I use than 90% of the time when accessing my camera because it conceals all of my equipment from others while being able to take my camera out in seconds.

good luck with your decision.

shoturtle Feb 10, 2011 5:13 PM

only problem with the tenba is they look like a computer bag. when I looked at it, it is telling me there is a laptop in that bag. So it still bring up the message when traveling that it has something expensive in it.

tizeye Feb 15, 2011 7:45 PM

I recently upgraded my bag. Crumpler was on my short list, but unfortunately, neither local camera stores carried them. Looked at the Tenbas and not only did they look like computer bag, but had concerns about how narrow they were. Brought my basic equipment that I would normally carry into the store and tried both LowePro 200 size) and similar Tarmac backpack and sling bags. Highly recommend - during the week when slow - as can get a much better feel of how things fit.

Ultimately ended up with a Domke F6. Initialy went in thinking F3x, but was way to large, and the single middle clip made way too easy acess. What I like about the Domke is that it doesn't look like a camera bag. In pic below, ruler is for scale reference, and the second body and second flash are not normally carried and illustrate available space. also deep enough where a 70-300 could replace the 55-200, a longer 18-105 on the D90 rather than the 18-55. Hidden lens is a Sigma 10-20 and there is still space for a planned 30 or 50 prime where D40 body is. Also, the 4 compartment divider could move about an inch to the right as that is open space.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...C/IMG_1619.jpg

ewheeler20 Feb 15, 2011 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizeye (Post 1200549)
Looked at the Tenbas and not only did they look like computer bag, but had concerns about how narrow they were.

thats exactly why i bought the tenba, lol. it was narrow. I hate all the boxy bags and are so wide and get in the way all the time. I especially hate any camera backpack due to the super ugly boxy bulky-ness.

I guess everyone has different tastes.