Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:00 AM   #1

Default Backpack bag suggestions

Leaving end of Jan to go on Caribbean cruise. Have a shoulder bag now but at times is a hassle when traveling. Will be doing some tours and taking a lot of pictures. Also will be scuba diving. I am wanting a backpack that I can put one camera and two lenses along with cards etc to use while touring and that will be easy to use. Don't need the most expensive as I will only use maybe couple times a year. Thanks
powelldb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:14 PM   #2

Here is a litle better descripton....Sorry about the first post

Currently I have a Cannon Rebel XSI, 2 lenses(18-55 and 55-250) extra battery and extra memory cards, cleaning supplies etc also a Tamrac shoulder bag(can't remenber the model think its an explorer).
Here's my delima we are going on vacation the end of Jan 2012 and although I like the Tamarac bag its kinda awkward when carring other luggage or to just take around in general. I am looking for something that I can take off the ship easily and not be a hassle to carry around(maybe a sling or backpack don;t know). Just needing some guidence from people with more experience than myself. Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:40 AM   #3

For what you have to carry a LowPro Slingback 200 AW would fit the bill nicely. It will fit your camera gear leaving some room to hold suntan lotion, and a few small things. Nice feature about the bag is when it acts as a table top when you swing it around, giving you access to the camera and a place to rest it on.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:32 PM   #4

I love my Kata DR-467i. Very compact and yet can hold a lot. Very well laid out. In it I have carried the following at times: a DX camera body, 4 lenses (35 1.8, 18-55, 55-200 and 28-75 2.8 on the camera), 3 flashes ( 2 large, 1 medium-sized), TTL cord, radio transmitter/receiver, batteries, filters, other misc. accessories, a Lumiquest LtP softbox, an Opteka Speedgrid, a small laptop and a compact light stand attached to the tripod attachment on the outside. All that can fit in there at once though of course it's going to be heavy. Looking at it you would never guess anyone could fit that much in such a compact bag. It also comes with a rain cover that fits nicely over the bag.

Right now it can be had for $72 shipped from Amazon. It was actually on sale for cheaper when I bought mine after hearing several professional photographers on a podcast raving about it.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:33 PM   #5

You probably need to decide though if you need a slingpack or a backpack. That will help you narrow it down.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigMe View Post
You probably need to decide though if you need a slingpack or a backpack. That will help you narrow it down.

brad

I am leaning more towards the backpack due to thinking that it will work better while traveling
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:58 PM   #7

I use a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW backpack to lug everything around.

dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote