Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:17 PM   #1

Default Finally Decided on A Bag

After much research and reading I have finally decided..... Just ordered Kata DR-467i Digital Rucksack. Now the wait is on until it comes in.
powelldb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:41 PM   #2

What made you choose this one???
NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:41 AM   #3

Let me try to explain:
I currently own a Tamrac shoulder bag,but in traveling the shoulder bag was a little cumberson(weight on one shoulder) so I started researching a backpack. Didn't think that I wanted a bag with a laptop compartment but after much debate the extra space would be nice.
I looked a several bags to include lowpro fastpack 250 and 350 and Mrock reading rewiews and comments on each one from this site and several other sites.
The kata bag is slightly larger inside and outside than the 350. Lat but not least was the price I got a great deal on the Kata vs any others
powelldb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:50 PM   #4

I LOVE my dr-467i! It is unbelievable how much I can fit in this little bag. I always carry off-camera lighting gear and I'm able to fit my D5000 w/ lens, 2 extra lenses, 3 flashes (2 large, 1 medium), TTL cord, Phottix Strato remotes, Lumiquest LtP softbox, laptop, gray card, Opteka speedgrid, filter wallet, gel wallet, batteries, ball bungies, misc. accessories and either a tripod or my small light stand attached to the tripod attachment. I flew to Phoenix with all that in there this week.

It's amazing. The only prob is that it gets really heavy because it holds so much!

brad

Last edited by DigMe; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:52 PM   #5

Oh yeah, I also jammed a folded 32" trigrip reflector in the laptop compartment for a shoot this week.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:43 PM   #6

Very interesting to hear all of this. Thanks Guys! I am leaning towards the Lowepro 350 myself.

Given the size of this bag, where you able to use it as "carry-on"? I am assuming so.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:04 PM   #7

Actually, NotDads, I can carry it on as a personal item and still have a carry on bag. I can fit this backpack under the seat in front of me with all of the above packed in it (except for the lightstand.. that was in a checked bag for the flight).

brad
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:37 AM   #8

That's awesome. After reading some reviews on Amazon, I may be changing my mind. I'll admit I like the looks of the Lowepro more. But this seems more functional after reading everyone's comments.

Thanks for responding everyone!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:08 AM   #9

I'll have more to report on Thursday. That's when mine is supposed to get here according to Amazon....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:55 PM   #10

WooHoo! MIne came today. Very nice bag. I've moved most of my gear from and old standard backpack to this one and I have stuffed my 17" Dell in it too. Now I am ready to head to Vegas on Monday!