Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:29 AM   #1

Default Lowepro fastpack 250 vs 250AW

Hey guys,

Going to travel in April and i'm looking for a camera backpack that can hold my 15'' laptop too.

The Original fastpack is now on discount sale at a very tasty 40 probably because of the release of the new version...retailing at around 80.

So the point of this thread is...is the double price worth the updates on the new version? the original is at a very nice price atm..
Anyone tryed out/has both?

Cheers
orion318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:30 PM   #2

Not exactly what you looking for but this is what I ended up with.......

I looked at various camera backpacks that had a laptop slot in them for a trip I took last September. This was the first trip in which I needed to take both a laptop and my camera gear with me so my Lowepro Nova series camera bag would not cut it. After trying out various bags at 3 different places...... I got the Rosewill Shine-View RDCB-11001 Black DSLR Camera and 15.6" Notebook Backpack sold through newegg.com. They had the best price on the bag and free shipping at the time. Its a well padded bag and has great shoulder straps and a waist belt which came in handy since I had to hike through various terminals at Atlanta International Airport for what seems like miles (had the gate furthest from the tram--people mover train on both legs of my trip). Even though the bag was fairly loaded I didn't feel the weight of the bag to much thanks tot he should straps and waist belt. Also I found that the laptop compartment on this bag allowed me to put two magazines in it, in addition to my laptop which is a 14" durabook model which was nice to be able to have reading material with me on the flight without having to dig through my suitcase to get at it.

Also its just small enough to be a carry on bag on US airlines and fit under the seat in front of me and allowed me to put my rolling suitcase in the overhead bin.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:22 AM   #3

I have the fastpack 250 and for me its good carries my ipad 550d 3 lenses flash cables and at that price good value
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:18 PM   #4

Thanks yeah i'll probably order it it's a great bag and the upgrades are worth the double price
orion318 is offline   Reply With Quote