Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:19 PM   #1

Default Are there any headsets that can record whispers spoken under ones breath?

Are there any headsets that can record whispers spoken under ones breath? ideally, i would like to use such a device to make recordings to be used with a speech recognition / transcribing program such as dragon, so the recordings ought to be clean and accurate. unfortunately, i've not encountered a headphone/microphone that can do this, though i have not been trying hard (i picked up standard models without shopping around and unfortunately, these only pick up footsteps and my more sibilant esses), though i'm sure i can hear my own voice spoken under my own breath -and actually, i've even had the neighbor's kid answer back (so maybe i'm going deaf from sitting next to all these casefans, lol). ideally, i want it to be a headset that can be used with a smartphone and a laptop. is there any device out there that can do this?
zer0nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:22 PM   #2

In what settings? In a controlled environment this should be easy. Any mic in a controlled situation can pick up "whispering". But for the most part the microphones on headsets are pretty horrible and omnidirectional (for good reason). You could pick up a nice headset and attempt to improve the microphone..my brother is currently taking apart these Nokia WH-500 headphones so he can "customize" the freq response and mic quality....will probably end up in the box of unfinished projects...
Chipperjones is offline   Reply With Quote