Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old May 27, 2015, 10:41 AM   #1

Default viewfinder help

Hi, I am finding I am having trouble focusing through the viewfinder with my nearsighted eyes. Is there any type of product I could get, to attach to outside of my camera viewfinder to help with my vision. I do wear glasses.
Bamafan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2015, 11:25 AM   #2

First, many cameras that have viewfinders also have diopter adjustments for them. They're small knurled wheels, usually above and to the right of the viewfinder. Does your camera have a diopter adjustment, and have you exhausted its potential?

Second, there are many more specialized viewfinder accessories for the problem you're having, but they mainly are only for higher end cameras. Which camera do you have?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2015, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
First, many cameras that have viewfinders also have diopter adjustments for them. They're small knurled wheels, usually above and to the right of the viewfinder. Does your camera have a diopter adjustment, and have you exhausted its potential?

Second, there are many more specialized viewfinder accessories for the problem you're having, but they mainly are only for higher end cameras. Which camera do you have?
I have Canon Rebel T1i, and I don't have it in front of me but I think it does have that! I didn't know about it. I should also mention I wear bifocals. But I will certainly check that little knob out when I get home!
Bamafan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2015, 12:53 PM   #4

See the Dioptric adjustment knob on the Nomenclature page of the Canon EOS Rebel T1i Instruction Manual.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote