Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old May 13, 2005, 12:54 AM   #21

Gotta say I like the Epson P2000. I have been using mine for about a month now. It is fast to download a CF card to, can use several types of media, you can view the downloaded photos, the can be deleted or showed to others and the battery can be changed without loosing the images. You can load imiages to and from your computer as well.
I was a little dissapointed with the interface, but it is simple and easy.
It is light and compact and holds 40 gigs. Get it and an extra battery for backup. Recharge when your are near electricity.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:03 AM   #22

A question for owners of the Epson P-2000, hope you don't mind.

What's the screen like when viewing outdoors in sunlight? I shoot with a D70 andevenstanding in the shade with my hands around the edges I can't see much detail at all on the LCD. I can make out the histogram or text, but sometimes I want to see the effect of fill-flash or something (without having to go indoors!).

People have said the P-2000 screen is excellent, and I'm sure it is, but I'd only really choose it if the screen was reasonably viewable under such conditions. If it's just not possible to get a good outdoor screen then I'd rather go for a full laptop.
martinbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:27 AM   #23

Martin, the screen will wash out in bright sunlight, however, it is very viewable in shade. The screen is very good overall. You are not able to see minor flaws in your photo because of screen size, but the really bad ones will stand out and can be deleted before downloading to you computer.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote