Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 20, 2002, 8:47 PM   #1

Default Wacom Intuos 2

I am considering purchasing a graphic tablet and need some advice. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Wacom Intuos 2. I am confused as to which size (4x5 or 6x8) would be most useful for photo retouching, illustration and digital painting. I primarily use Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10 and have a 21 inch monitor. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Also, any recommedations on where to purchase from (best price, reputable retailer)?

Thanks!
jamnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2003, 6:53 PM   #2

Default comment

I have heard that the 6 X 8 is best for photo retouching.
Try ebay.com. Let me know how it works out as I am thinking of doing the very same thing.

Jim
Jim Ghiringhelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
I am confused as to which size (4x5 or 6x8) would be most useful for photo retouching,
I use the 4x5 and it is more than sufficient. The 4x5 space maps to your monitor and gives very fine, precise control. I use the pen all the time now instead of a mouse. You're gonna love it!

btw, PaintShop Pro has a new beta with a one-step photo retouch. It will do a fabulous job on 80% of your photos, doing with one click what you'd spend 20 minutes doing. you can get the beta at the jasc.com website. [not affiliated - just a happy customer]
erika is offline   Reply With Quote