Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:06 PM   #1

2 Tubes or Not 2 Tubes, that is the question!
Why 2 tubes? Why can't you use the 62mm tube with a 62mm filter with a 62mm Hama hood?If the 72mm Phayee tube is not good enough to work as a hood why use it at all?With the Hama hood extended it seems that it should be long enough with one tube,but I don't know,however I have the Phayee adapter coming and I don't know what size hood to buy.Does anybody know the correct setup ?When Phayee disigned the adapter for the FZ20 did he say you must use both tubes together!I think Phayee is a person???
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:12 AM   #2

gellis1 wrote:
Quote:
Why 2 tubes? Why can't you use the 62mm tube with a 62mm filter with a 62mm Hama hood?Isn't the 72mm tube meant to be the hood?With the Hama hood extended it seems that it should be long enough,but I don't know,however I have the Phayee adapter coming and I don't know what size filter & hood to buy.If I choose to use only the 62mm tube,does the filter screw on the end of it and where does the Hama hood screw into?
Yes, 72mm tube is meant to be the hood. It's up to you whether you would like to use it or not. Either way, get the 62mm filter (don't get 72mm filter!). As for the Hama hood, you can either get 62mm or 72mm.

You can have either of the following set up

FZ20 -> 62mm tube -> 62mm filter -> 72mm tube -> 72mm Hama hood

or

FZ20 -> 62mm tube -> 62mm filter -> 62mm Hama hood

I'm a new FZ20 user as well but there are lots of experts in Panasonic forum. Try searching Panassonic forum and you will find lots of information there. You can always ask questions, they are very helpful but I find seaching to be the quicker way to get info.
skyrocketfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:20 PM   #3

gellis1wrote:
2 Tubes or Not 2 Tubes, that is the question!
Why 2 tubes? Why can't you use the 62mm tube with a 62mm filter with a 62mm Hama hood?If the 72mm Phayee tube is not good enough to work as a hood why use it at all?With the Hama hood extended it seems that it should be long enough with one tube,but I don't know,however I have the Phayee adapter coming and I don't know what size hood to buy.Does anybody know the correct setup ?When Phayee disigned the adapter for the FZ20 did he say you must use both tubes together!I think Phayee is a person???

I like the FZ20>62mm Phayee adapter>filter 62mm>72mm tube>72 Hama hood>72mm center opening capas the second tube makes the hood longer. In telephoto shots the longer the better

Therefor I like skyrocketfwfirst suggestion better.

BTW the Hama hood accepts a 72mm cap but it MUST be center opening.

On the TCON 14b [62mm] I just use the lens adapter [62mm]which I leave on the lens at all times. For the TCON 17I use the adapter with a 62/55 step down CONVERSION ring and keep it assembled all the time. The WCON-08B is on the 62mm adapter at all times too.I have three 62mm close up lenses which are loose right now.

The plot thickens!!! Okay?

Stan

stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote