Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:46 PM   #1

Hi,
I have to buy a bag for my D70 and I'd appreciate who can give me some advise about what the right choise is.

What bag is the most resistant?
Wich has the best waterproof?
Wich has the bigger pocket for the extra stuff?

Every post are appreciated and helpfull !!

Thanks to everybody!

Simon

simo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2

I use a Pelican case.

It's crush proof (you can drive a car over it), and it's waterproof (down to about30 feet below sea level, "o" ring sealed).

I bought the Pelican 1400 for about $53 at B&H photo video.

Take a look at it, or the next size up.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:40 AM   #3

Thank you Terry, it's a wonderful product the Pelican but I want buy one of these bag.
Nobody have one of these?
Please help me to make the right choise.

Thanks.

Simon
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:00 PM   #4

I just bought a Lowepro backpack camera bag. It has a a complete raincover so it'll be weather proof. It isn't designed to be crush proof however, but it sure is easy to carry. I have a Maxxum 7D with the large flash and one extra lens. It's a tight fit with a camera that large but it works. Has places for extras like a monopod, lens hoods, filters, battery charger, several small pockets for memory cards etc. Also the camera is easily accessabile without ever taking the backpack off. It sort of slides around so you can extract whatever you need without removing it.
It may not be what you're looking for, but thought I'd mention it as an option. It's called a slingshot 100. I've used other Lowepro SLR bags in the past and this is a much easier carry...comfortable and hands free.
Jerry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:43 AM   #5

thank you so much!

Simon
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:18 PM   #6

i just bought the LowePro Mini Trekker AWand am astonished by how much i can put in there even vs my LowePro Magnum AW.

the Mini is just what i was looking for for my all day outings.........whoever designed this bag deserves the "bag of the year award".

multiple pockets and best of all it has incorporated a rain coat into itself as well.

oh one more thing. the whole bag only weighs 2.8 lbs.
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:26 PM   #7

You'll have to find the size that fits you and your gear. But I have never had a better bag then LowePro, and I have 3 other name brand bags sitting here right now. Two of which cost more then my LowePro.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:37 PM   #8

I just got a tamrac expedition 5 which is about the same size and weight as the lowepro mini. Its much better looking than the Lowepro, very well made, sturdy, its on the same level as the lowepro. I looked at Lowepros in the shop and much prefer this. when I was researching which bag to get I read numerous reports from people that have had both and say they prefer the tamrac.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:34 PM   #9

I found a backpack made by Naneu Pro for $84 in a local shop. The link is below. It is made very well and is comparable to several models made by Lowepro & Tamarac.

http://www.naneupro.com/

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:44 AM   #10

I've had a LowePro Mini Trekker for about a year and love it. I carry a D70, Sigma 50-500mm, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 50 1.8, set of Kenko extension tubes, Nikon SB800 and extra batteries, memory cards and other misc. odds and ends. It will even carry my tripod. And the waterproof cover is icing on the cake. My 2 cents worth. Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote