Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:33 AM   #1

I am considering purchasing a plastic cover for my Canon sd400 lcd screen. I found it on Amazon and I think it could offersome protection from scratches and breakage of the screen. Has anyone else heard of these or tried one?
ml7222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:46 PM   #2

I bought a set on ebay from Jhongs for my LCD on a SD450. 2 for $7.99

Great Quality, crystal clear and a nice thickness to the material. http://www.clarivue.com/ is the same non-ebay store. I am sure there are cheaper equivalents out there.

It won't save against breakage though normally. If it was a minor drop or push and a little extra surface tension would make a difference then you got lucky.

Keep in mind I have not tried to remove them yet. That may be another battle when I am ready . I know from my PDA some brands leave a terrible amount of residue behind.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:25 PM   #3

I just bought a new Canon SD400 and am concerned about reviews I've read about fragile LCD screen on these models. I came across a website several months ago for an LCD screen protector that was very very strong (they even had videos on the website to prove it). Does anyone know what this website is or any other good brands of LCD screen protectors? Thanks.
Winner0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:33 PM   #4

I found it. It's: http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/
Winner0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 6:18 PM   #5

I've seen the video. Impressive, however, I think this product is best suited for P & S digicams that ALREADY HAVE reinforced LCDs, like the Fuji F10/F11. I don't think it'll work with the SD400.

Just try pressing (lightly!) your SD400's LCD screen, you'll see it behaves similarly to a computer LCD monitor: all "squishy-like". Try doing the so-called "Pen Test" on your SD400 and you'll surely end up with a very damaged LCD!

What the SD400 needs (and what I haven't found yet) is a RIGID protector made of polycarbonate or similar material.
Tsarli is offline   Reply With Quote