Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Misc Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2

I recently bought a Canon rebel XT (I live in Holland and here it's called eos 350D) and I wanted to know what filter holder I can buy. I want to use (square) ND grad filters. Can anyone give me some general info or links on the topic?
westmaasmaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 804

The filter company Cokin makes a wide range of holders for square filters and the filters themselves. Just Google the name and you'll get their website.
Lots of photography retailers handle their stuff, including B&H Photo.
Other names in the square filter biz include Hitech, Kodak, Lee and Optiflex, but Cokin may be the most widely available.
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:07 AM   #3
KennyJr's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 44

Yes Cokin makes a wide variety of filters. I'm still using the set I bought for my 35mm camera over 20 years ago. One of the nice things about the Cokin filters is that when you switch cameras all you need to change is the adapter ring. All your filters will stile work.

The polarizer filter is always useful. If you take pictures of candles or night shots you might want to consider the star filter. If you do landscapes the graduated blue filter comes in handy.

There are so many filters availible I'm sure you'll find anything you'd need.

KennyJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:13 PM.