Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 6, 2002, 9:35 PM   #11
reader's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 95

Tony G

If you are regularly photographing people in pools or water...
...YES you do want a polarizer.

Warning: it will cost you 2 f-stops, usually. So, if they are in the shade, it is going to be more difficult to "freeze" any action, because your exposure time must be increased.

reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 9:51 PM   #12
Senior Member
TonyG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 133

Mostly family days out which usualy does mean some of the kids will end up in the sea or river www.worden.co.uk

Right although a newbie i must be learning cus I follow that last bit.. thanks
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 4:49 PM   #13
norm911's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 37

Yup, use a UV all the time to protect the lens, but a Skylight or Circular Polarizer can yield nice results on bright sunny days.

Buy good filters though. Your lens manfacturer spent money to coat the lens - make sure you buy some good coated filters. You don't want to reflect more light than you're letting in

norm911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:05 AM.