Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:58 PM   #1

I* am trying to load some video I shot on a ZR45 Canon Digital camcorder on to my iBook ... i have the small usb (from tthecamera) to*the big usb into*the G4 iBook.

it appears that*I might need some further software to accomplish that. As I look further into this, i fear I might not have 'the right stuff'. Can anyone shed any light on this?Digital Video Solution Disk for Windows & Macintosh*o
or as I look can*
magicdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:29 AM   #2

I believe teh ZR45 is a DV camera that uses a MiniDV tape, correct? If this is the case then you will not be able to download the video onto your computer with the USB. The USB port is used for downloading still pictures taken with the memory card.

What you will need is a Firewire or IEEE1394 cable. The cables themselves are available just about anywhere but the trick will be having the port on your computer. I don't deal with MAC at all, but I am pretty sure they all have the Firewire ports on them.

You will just then need software to transfer the video for you. I know Windows has some built in and I would think Apple does as well and it probably starts with an "i" (couldn't resist).

There is some trial software that you can download and use if you don't have anything on your system. I checked a few of the less expensive options but they do not offer a Mac version.

Good luck,

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:30 AM   #3

I believe teh ZR45 is a DV camera that uses a MiniDV tape, correct? If this is the case then you will not be able to download the video onto your computer with the USB. The USB port is used for downloading still pictures taken with the memory card.

What you will need is a Firewire or IEEE1394 cable. The cables themselves are available just about anywhere but the trick will be having the port on your computer. I don't deal with MAC at all, but I am pretty sure they all have the Firewire ports on them.

You will just then need software to transfer the video for you. I know Windows has some built in and I would think Apple does as well and it probably starts with an "i" (couldn't resist).

There is some trial software that you can download and use if you don't have anything on your system. I checked a few of the less expensive options but they do not offer a Mac version.

Good luck,

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote