Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 31, 2003, 6:47 PM   #1

Default Can I get an extended warranty on a REFURBISHED?

Well folks I've just about decided on buying a refurbished Olympus. One question that is still in my mind is the ability to purchase an additional warranty beyond the factory 90 day.

Is an extended warranty available on the refurbished C700 or C740 series?

One more thought is I didn't notice many of Steve's Picture that had a credit to the C700 series Olympus cameras..

If nothing else sold me on making my move now, it was the display of the wonderful and beautiful pictures on display here. Steve, that is a fine job you are doing for the photography community.
louageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2003, 12:51 PM   #2

Default Re: Can I get an extended warranty on a REFURBISHED?

[quote="louageo"]Well folks I've just about decided on buying a refurbished Olympus. One question that is still in my mind is the ability to purchase an additional warranty beyond the factory 90 day.

Is an extended warranty available on the refurbished C700 or C740 series?

Stop and think about this question. Why spend the money for an extended warranty on a refurbished model? Buy a new one, the difference is not that great.

The C740 is a great little camera, the principal attraction being the 10X zoom. See the review done by Steve on this camera as well as the many other kinds of cameras that are available.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...0uz.html<br /> You may have to access this within the site, go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the logos

You will find that, eventually, you may get interested in going the route of adding telephoto lenses, maybe wideangle. Fortunately, this camera lends itself to these add-ons. You can read up on these at www.raynox.com Be sure and check off the
English section, then proceed to the menus on the left side of the page, scroll down to Olympus...........when you have reviewed their site, you might then go to www.bugeyedigital.com which is an internet firm that specializes in these kinds of items but can offer other brands. They are very helpful and won't rip you off.

Good luck on your camera, seriously, buy new.
pjallittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 4:25 PM   #3

Default I did it.

You are right. I surveyed the net and all sites that I could find and came up with this information. The 740 cost less NEW than the older modles. In an earlier post I listed that I did buy a new 740 from Digital Liquidators for (are you ready for this?) $345 US. I did buy some accessories, batteries, charger, and another 32K card. Whit shipping the grand total was $485. And if it arrives as expected on time and in new codition, then I will be a happy camper . Hopefully in time I feel secure enough to get UV and even some close up lenses. In the mean time I'll stay here at Steves and Yahoo and monoter things that are happening.
louageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 5:28 PM   #4

Default Re: I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louageo
You are right. I surveyed the net and all sites that I could find and came up with this information. The 740 cost less NEW than the older modles. In an earlier post I listed that I did buy a new 740 from Digital Liquidators for (are you ready for this?) $345 US. I did buy some accessories, batteries, charger, and another 32K card. Whit shipping the grand total was $485. And if it arrives as expected on time and in new codition, then I will be a happy camper . Hopefully in time I feel secure enough to get UV and even some close up lenses. In the mean time I'll stay here at Steves and Yahoo and monoter things that are happening.

Outstanding! Hope all will go well for you, I think you made an excellent choice. For the time being, don't spend another dime on TP and WA. Take a few hundred pictures and then start thinking about warming and polarizing filters. Just take things one step at a time.
pjallittle is offline   Reply With Quote